1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Attack on La Haye Sainte at Waterloo in 28mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Waterlooman, May 9, 2021.

1. Waterlooman A Fixture

Evening all, more work with these Six - washes applied then my dusty dry brush over -

W. IMG_0130.JPG IMG_0129.JPG IMG_0127.JPG
    Martin64 and Nap like this.
  2. Waterlooman A Fixture

Morning all, some more progress on what feels like a long journey - I made up a few more figures including a couple of Injured French - by a heating method using a hairdryer to soften the plastic - then the legs where bent backwards, I also did a bit of "chopped heads" as the Tiralluers I mad eup earlier was not involved in the LHS action, it was the Shako's that gave then away (and a bit of a different paint work to the uniform) - more still to come.

W. IMG_0136.JPG IMG_0135.JPG IMG_0133.JPG IMG_0131.JPG
    Martin64, Nap, theBaron and 1 other person like this.
  3. Waterlooman A Fixture

Morning all, I have been changing my Tirallieurs into Voltiguers by changing the colour of the Habi Vest tails and doing their facings and plumes.

W.

IMG_0137.JPG IMG_0138.JPG
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi W

Goodness you have been busy , these fellows are coming along well , like the wounded

Thanks for sharing the updates

Happy benchtime

Nap
  5. Waterlooman A Fixture

Thank you kindly Nap.

W.
  6. Waterlooman A Fixture

Evening all, right this little bunch of ex Tirallieurs are now Voltigeurs and Grenadiers, just need flat coating.

W.

IMG_0141.JPG IMG_0142.JPG
  7. Waterlooman A Fixture

Evening all, I have been quite busy going through my collection making up as many figures as I can - I have made up and primed - some more 54th/55th ligne including an injured Sapper who was trying to break the front gates down, also a couple of 10th Hussars who will be blasting past the front of LHS, and a 54th Ligne mounted Corporal taking charge of the attack.
    I have also started on one of the charging Hussars horses - I painted the fur in a Dark Red-Brown, then after painting some of the features, I applied a few Dark Washes to bring out the shadows. IMG_0143.JPG IMG_0148.JPG IMG_0152.JPG IMG_0153.JPG IMG_0154.JPG

W.
    Martin64, Nap and Merryweather like this.
  8. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Wow, an outstanding progress. What really brings it home, is seeing them mounted on Tamiya bottles. These are 28mm figures... this is insane. I'm looking at my 1/35 figures, and dispare..
  9. Waterlooman A Fixture

Thank you kindly my friend, the key to them really is having good light and enouth magnification so you can see what you are doing, and as i am still learning - a good hand posture to stop the brush from shaking.

W.
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi W

Your really moving along on this , nice idea with the hussars being added

Henk say he despair's at 1/35 ....me it's 1/9th....lol

Thanks for sharing the updates

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Henk likes this.
  11. Waterlooman A Fixture

Thank you kindly Nap.

W.
  12. Waterlooman A Fixture

Evening all, here IMG_0155.JPG IMG_0156.JPG we have Two 10th Hussars horses painted and given some quite heavy weathering to the feet - they just need flat coating.

W.
  13. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Still more? wow! What's the figure count standing at as of late? Awesome job, btw.
  14. Waterlooman A Fixture

Thank you so much, I think I have close on a Hundread done and started.

W.
  15. Waterlooman A Fixture

Evening all, I have started to paint up French Colonel Claude Charlet and his horse, who was in charge of the 54th Ligne and led the action at LHS, he was under instructions from General Compte d'Erlon to take LHS no matter what.

W. IMG_0158.JPG IMG_0159.JPG
    Martin64, Nap and Henk like this.
  16. Waterlooman A Fixture

Evening all, French Colonel Claude Charlet is nearly finished - just need to dry brush a bit of dust to tame the washes a bit.

W. IMG_0165.JPG IMG_0166.JPG
  17. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi W

Catching up again !!

This is certainly a project where dedication is needed .....and it's paying off

Thanks for updates

Keep going

Happy benchtime

Nap
  18. Waterlooman A Fixture

Thanks

W.
    Nap likes this.
  19. Waterlooman A Fixture

Evening all, some more progress - I assambled and painted/weathered a 54th Ligne Sapper, he is built as and injured figure, its been put away ready to be flat top coated.

W. IMG_0169.JPG IMG_0168.JPG IMG_0167.JPG
  20. Nap Moderator

England
    Sapper looks suitably unwell

Keep at this

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Waterlooman likes this.