1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Athenian Mercenary, Pegaso 75mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Mar 11, 2012.

1. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers Mark, not sure if its my best to date, but it's certainly a new level for me in terms of detailed painting patterns.

G'day Chris, long time no hear Bro. Spoke to your old man recently. Looking forward to catching up with you soon. I like your avatar too.
  2. Blackship Active Member

Greece
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Dimitri, I appreciate your comment.
  4. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Great finish Tony on this cracking figure, you have inspired me to break this one out from the grey army.

Cheers David
  5. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Unusual colour selection for this figure which really works-great detail work as well on the shield and cloak-a real stand out figure-superb Tony.

Keith
  6. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    very nice freehand work sir, he turned out great.
  7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks David, I'm sure I'm not the only Planeteer who's excited at the prospect of seeing how you'd tackle this figure. You've certainly inspired me emough times, so it's a pleasure to return the favour.

Hi Keith, thanks for your comments mate. I'm not sure if the colour scheme is historically accurate but I thought the blue and white scheme would make a nice change from the usual black/ dark brown versions. Given the difficult times some of our Greek Planeteers are experiencing at the moment, I also thought the Greek national colours were an approriate and inspiring choice.

Thanks Mike, the freehand design on the shield was a good example of "making it up as you go along". I didn't really know how to do the design, so I just began painting and hoped that a plan would emerge while I was doing it. Thank fully I chose a relatively simple pattern, so once I worked out the process, it was simply a matter of a steady hand and keeping the spacings even.
  8. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    wow wow
    excellent paint my friend!!!
    Very cool shield!!!!

Alexandros
  9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Alex, I've really appreciated your encouragement and advice on this project.
  10. georges64 Member

France
    Superbe painting Tony !
    Nice shield and cape(y)

georges.
  11. stone Member

lovely work tony(y)(y)(y)(y)
  12. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thank you Georges and Salvo, I greatly appreciate your comments.
  13. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Very well done!
  14. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    Wow! that blue is really great!
  15. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Nicely done Tommi. Love the blue.
  16. pipetrepid Active Member

United-States
    yes! very nicely done.
  17. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks very much Mike, Ethan & Bill. I'm really pleased you like it.