1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Athenian Mercenary, Pegaso 75mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Feb 27, 2012.

1. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Guys,

Here are the latest WIP pics. As you can see the shield design has been painted. The Octopus was fun to paint, but the geometric border pattern on the shield was painstaking work. I still have some weathering and scuff marks to add.

I've also taken a pic of the base and groundwork. Very simple and not likely to distract the eye from the figure.

There are still a few bits and pieces I need to work on before I mount the figure to the base, but its definitely coming together.

Hope you like it. IMG_5458.JPG IMG_5459.JPG IMG_5460.JPG IMG_5461.JPG IMG_5462.JPG IMG_5463.JPG
    billyturnip likes this.
  2. Mark S Guest

Looking great, Tony.
    You must be seeing that pattern whenever you close your eyes by now.
    But well worth the effort, the shield is superb and once the weathering and scuff marks are added it will be even better.
    Looking forward to seeing the completed piece mounted.Well done.
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers Mark, thanks for your comments mate. Yes, the shield design did make me go a bit cross eyed last night.
  4. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Ther blue and white colour scheme is superb and really well painted. I know that getting a brush inside that helmet is a hard job but you really need to shrink the pupils of the eyes down somewhat. It spoils an otherwise excellent piece of work.
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Jazz, that's one of the jobs I still have to do before mounting the figure to the base. I'll redo the eyes tonight.
  6. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thats coming along a treat Tony, that sheild looks very good also.
    Ben
  7. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    like allot the shield....great job on the blue....(y)
  8. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Looking great Tony ,very nice colour combinations and fantastic work on the shield.

Cheers David
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    perfection in the blue and white.
    Great paintwork, and something really different.

marc
  10. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Some very impressive freehand Tony.
    Carl.(y)
  11. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Awesome miniature Tony.:)

Cheers,
    Pedro.
  12. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Ben, Rodrigo, David, Marc, Carl and Pedro for followiung my WIP thread and encouraging me along the way.

I really appreciate your comments chaps, and I hope you will like the finished result.

I'll start a new thread to show you the finished piece.
  13. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    I dig it brother.
  14. Akritas Active Member

Cyprus
    Wow!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk