1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Assassin

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Figure Mad, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

The first figure to get me back into it and here it is, I have to say its not as good as I would have liked it to be, but I will get back to it soon, the figure itself is not that good either the casting actually is the worst one I have had from JMD by far, but there is a lot going on in the way of detail with this figure, so from that point of view I can say that the sculptor is putting too much in for the casting process to handle which is not a bad thing. Its a good kit apart from the odd standing position. I have a couple of things I want to touch up, but whats your opinion

Dave

[IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting Dave. I have noticed the difference in casting as well and have a review ready to post showing the casting.
  3. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I thought as much as your review of the pilot bust showed a casting mark, that was definately not there on my version as the mould was opened from the back and not the side, maybe they needed to make sure of keeping that little strap intact on the finished piece.......

Dave
  4. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Dave

Thanks for posting up, I was going to order this but think I might hold off for a while, I will wait to see what Guy posts up.
    BTW nice painting

Tommi
  5. theseeker Member

United-States
    Dave,
    Beautiful painting!
    Rocky
  6. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello

Great paint!
    I love the tattoo.

Cheers
    Pedro
  7. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nice work my friend. I have a copy of it and the casting is absolutely flawless. All my JMD copies are brilliant to be honest . I guess i am with the lucky ones !
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Dave,

I agree about the stance. It does look unnatural and posey, but despite the stance and the casting, your painting is flawless.

Cheers
  9. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    I have this kit too. The casting is realy flawless as Costas said, but in my kit there was a luck of the second knife. Any way, Dave I like the colours you have choosen and the overall resault. My oppinion is that, because of its standing position you have to use a scenic (mostly an arabic one) to add more drama in your presentation.
  10. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    WoW! Very nice tatoos! I like the whole figure.
    Congratulations!

Cheers,
    Balázs
  11. dannyk01 New Member

Australia
    Hey Dave,

I like the painting on this figure ut the position that the scultper fut him in is unatural and kinda ruins it
  12. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

Thanks for the comments, please dont get me wrong, it is a lovely figure, I think I just got a bad one, when I mean bad, its no way as bad as you may think, its just I am used to the quality of their other pieces....

Dave
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hey Dave,
    I have some JMD figures on my shelff and they are absolutely great casted.
    So i understand your disapointment about the somewhat minor casting.
    But your painting is outstanding.

Marc
  14. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

thanks again for the comments

Dave
  15. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Excellent paintjob Dave and very nice color choices.