1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Asian Lady with Cherry Blossoms 150mm Flat

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Jun 17, 2009.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    A lovely resin flat I've just completed from The Regimental S-4.

I was going to paint an intricate design but all attempts failed :mad: so here it is...

[IMG]

Roger.
  2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Roger, great painting, not sure about the base, IMHO it looks a bit harsh looking for a delicate female, perhaps a plain black or red lacquered circle.?

Cheers Ken
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks ken. I'm not entirely sure about the base myself. It's just something I had lying around and is only blu-tacked on at the moment.

Roger
  4. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice work Roger!

i did'nt know that manufacturer for flats... i will check them out ( been umming and ahhing over the pilipili flats, the ones after the great masters )

Cheers

Mark
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  6. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice job Roger! When you decide on the base, send me a picture for the Gallery. The ACW flat is there now. My email is on the website under "contact Nick".

Nick
    RS4
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Nick, that was quick, I was going to drop you an email to say I'd posted this one. :)

Roger.
  8. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Quick change to a plain background;

[IMG]
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Much Better.
    I like this base, and it is possible to frame it.
    Then the neatpicking: I think you must shade the blue more, looks only two colors, lightblue and midblue. I cannot see shade's, and surtenly not the deeper shade's.

Marc
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    thank you for your comment Marc... and now the answer :D

This is deliberate, like Japanese art;

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=japanese art&gbv=2&aq=5&oq=jap

See what I mean? I hope so :D
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    This is indeed delicate painting. If you are looking for this i think you got it. Congratulations......

Marc
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  13. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Nice job as always Roger........your production rate is phenomenal!!!

Ray ;)
  14. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Ray

Nothing else to do really.. it will all change next week, back to work and production rate will be a big fat 0

Roger.
  15. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Roger,
    Nice lady lad. I like the second base better.
    Cheers
    John
  16. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    :) Thank you John!

Roger.
  17. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Roger,
    nicely done! subtle designs, small, and freehand...if you weren't crazy when you started, you will be when you finish!:eek::D:D

So a plain kimono works fine for me.......unless you want to end up a drooling mess under the workbench, gibbering incoherently:);)

Have this one on my list of projects, Like how you have done the hair texture and subtle shading.

Doing flats is fairly challenging, so watching your work is instructive.....

thanks for sharing
    cheers
  18. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Jamie :)

"unless you want to end up a drooling mess under the workbench, gibbering incoherently:);)"

That may happen I'm afraid, I have the courtisan flat also from RS-4 and I'm going to give the pattern a try. :eek: Don't be suprised if the finished version is posted here in a plain kimono :D

Roger.
  19. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Wonderful!
    I liked your work very much.
    Female flesh color is very beautiful.
    I congratulate completion.
  20. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you very much Mitsutaka. Given your nationality that is a wonderful compliment :)

Roger