1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Ashley Williams ME3 1:9

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Archelaos, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Archelaos Active Member

Poland
    Hello!

I'd like to show you my last sculpt - Ashley Williams from Mass Effect game series

What do you think?

Tors5_2a.jpg
  2. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic bit of sculpting!

Cheers,
    Jon.
  3. Iguazzu A Fixture

Spain
    looks fine!
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    great start
  5. Archelaos Active Member

Poland
    Hi!
    Thanks for comments - now it looks like this:

Torsa10_3.jpg
    Tors7_3.jpg Tors8_3.jpg
    Tors9_3.jpg
  6. Archelaos Active Member

Poland
    Hi!
    Not much sculpting this time, instead I was working on assault rifle.

Torsa12_4.jpg Torsa11_4.jpg
    outrunthedogs and gordy like this.
  7. skabu New Member

Argentina
    Great job !!

Cheers

Juan Francisco
  8. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Let's see more! (y) I haven't tried ME3 yet but it sure looks good
  9. Archelaos Active Member

Poland
    It took a long time, but finally I can show some progress.
    All the details on the front of chest armour more or less finished, now I'm detailing sides (left is more finalised)

I'll experiment with hair - photos show plasticine sketch of old style (ME1&2) bun (professional military style :))
    Will check how ponytail looks (basing on some concept art) and maybe also official ME3 style, though I think it will cover too much of chest detail, and besides this, while it looks nice, I'm not sure Ashley' (as described in ME1&2) would even imagine going to combat with loose hair:D .

Torsa17_5.jpg Torsa14_5.jpg Torsa15_5.jpg Torsa16_5.jpg
    outrunthedogs and gordy like this.
  10. lildragn New Member

Looking very nice, what type of clay/wax are you using? Still have to play ME3 :unsure:
  11. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent work (y)
  12. Illa Active Member

Amazing modelling!
  13. Archelaos Active Member

Poland
    I haven't played too. The ending puts me off a bit, and I'm not sure my PC is strong enough.

I'm using miliput standard and greenstuff (knedatite). Basework is usually clean miliput, small details from GS while majority of sculpting is done in mix of them (aprox 2 parts of MS to 1 part of GS)

Slowly going forward:

Torsa20_6.jpg
    Torsa18_6.jpg
    igorkordyukov, gordy, Fex and 2 others like this.
  14. space New Member

looks nice;)
  15. bigtodd PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Wow this is really shaping up into a great figure! Will you have it produced as a kit?

Thanks
    Todd
  16. Archelaos Active Member

Poland
    Long time has passed since I updated this thread... But I finally almost finished Ashley

I need to finish the bun (and maybe some small fixes), but beside this I think it is ready.

Ashley_a15sm.jpg

Ashley_a16sm.jpg

Ashley_a17sm.jpg
    Einion and nelly-samy like this.
  17. Einion Well-Known Member

Man this turned out great. The weapon looks fab but it's maybe overshadowed by how good that left hand is (y)

This may be only something another sculptor would notice but the subtle change on the profile of the upper lip has made a bit difference to my eyes, was going to suggest something along those lines. It's hard to tell from these last pictures, but did you lose a bit of the symmetry on the cheeks? The left cheekbone looks like it might project a little less than the right.

Trying to figure out what you used for the sides of the chest armour, is that a found material or did you laboriously make it by hand?

Einion
  18. Archelaos Active Member

Poland
    Finally, finished Ashley's hair, especially bun. It took me some time to figure out how it looked on the photos (?) used by Bioware's artists during creation of a game model, but I hope now it is close enough.

fryzura1_sm.jpg