1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review ArtSoldiers Zululand

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Richie, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    I received these 3 figures last week from Xaby and I thought I would open them up as they are right up my street. The figures are a new set of releases in 54mm from ArtSoldiers and if your quick there is also a very nice discount on them in their black Friday sale.

ASM54001 British Officer, Zululand 1879
    ASM54003 Carabinero of Natal 1879

ASM54004 Border Cavalry 1879

https://artsoldiers-miniaturas.es.tl/Black-Friday-2018.htm

All three figures are very nicely proportioned with some exquisite details, which unfortunately I cannot always capture with my camera phone. I acquired these to go along with another couple of figure to make a vignette. I really like the version painted as a K.R.R.C. Officer.
    ASM54001C.jpg ASM54001E.jpg ASM54003A.jpg ASM54004A.jpg

ASM54001 British Officer, Zululand 1879
    officer zululand1a.jpg
    officer zululand2a.jpg
    officer zululand3a.jpg
    officer zululand4a.jpg
    officer zululand5a.jpg officer zululand6a.jpg officer zululand7a.jpg officer zululand8a.jpg

ASM54003 Carabinero of Natal 1879
    NC1a.jpg
    NC2a.jpg NC4a.jpg NC3a.jpg NC5a.jpg NC6a.jpg

ASM54004 Border Cavalry 1879

NNC1a.jpg NNC2a.jpg NNC4a.jpg NNC3a.jpg NNC5a.jpg NNC6a.jpg

A nice group of figures that fit well together in all respects, a bit of extra detailing required in one or two slight areas but nicely done Xaby and all concerned and connected with Art Soldiers. I do hope we see this range expanded.

cheers
    Richie
    DaddyO, Nap, billyturnip and 10 others like this.
  2. Warren SMITH PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    lovely sculpts, r u going to share the build.

Warren
  3. Paulo Well-Known Member

Portugal
    Very nice figures in deed reminds me the originals of Bill Horan, although I´m not keen on 54 mm, I prefere the bigger scales where you can be more expressiv.
    However I can recognise a good figure when I see it. You just forget to say that those where sculpted by Antonio Messeguer a inpressive Artist wich I had the honour to know personaly some time ago, Antonio really likes the 19 century subjects and whe can see that on his figures !
    Thanks for sharing
    Blind Pew likes this.
  4. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Warren,
    I will when I get some free time(y).
    cheers
    Richie
  5. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Paulo,
    I forgot to mention Antonio in this thread:( but he was mentioned in the new figure release section:). Always a pleasure to open up the boxes on Zulu war stuff(y).
    cheers
    Richie
    Nap likes this.
  6. Nap Forum Moderator

England
    Hi Richie

Thanks for the review ..nice looking figures mate , right up your street .......be nice to see Antonio do busts as well ( hint!)

Look forward to the WIP from you

Nap