1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Art Girona

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Guy, Mar 9, 2006.

1. pkess Member

I read several eyewitness accounts which observed that Scottish officers had extremely long and flexible wrists from years of practicing with heavy broadswords.
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Rob!

At first I thought it was off, as matter of fact, John Long and I was talking about it. In reality it is a brilliant pose, I drug out my ol CSA sabre, and although it is not the same weapon its still a sword and tried the pose, its exellent! Only thing that for me would make it better would be if the left hand was a little more on the side of the right arm instead of ontop of it.

The wrist problem may be due to the paint job, it dont really seam to do the figure justice.
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    I think too much of it is showing. If you're holding a basket-hilted sword (I 've never done it) I would think your hand would disappear inside the basket with little of the wrist showing. in this case it looks like the guy would be holding it with his fingertips.~Gary
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    I think thats right Gary. The sword I tried the pose with is ACW type without a basket hilt, so that may make a big difference as far as where the hand goes. From lookig at two other kits Ive got (elite highlander 70mm and Ft Duquesney highlander also in 70mm) their hands go much deeper into the hilt, almost up to the wrist.
  5. Dani A. New Member

Hello,

Oh, I dont think so. Most definitely, it DOES matter if something is right or wrong. At least, to me it does.

Of course manufacturers look for profit, but I think we are making too many concessions and too willingly shallowing poor excuses for not doing things well. This kind of attitude leads to them not having any interest in improving. To the contrary, every day we are paying more for less. The "bussiness is bussiness" philosophy surely has to have some limitation. In this little area of ours, we happily tolerate and support things that have not parallel in other similar hobby communities, let alone in other more important areas of life, where we customarily enforce our rights.

As a corollary, remember that things are not likely to change, precisely because of this indolent and conformist approach of us; and that, ultimately, it is us, as customers, who are the losers.

Regards,

Daniel