1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Art Girona

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Guy, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I got an email from Art Girona announcing 5 new releases

VC20
    Battalion de Voluntarius Catalanes, Guerra de Africa 1860
    200mm
    Sculpted by Manuel Perez
    Painter unknown

[IMG]

Bust 21
    Bust of the figure above
    200mm
    sculpted by Manuel Perez
    painter unknown

[IMG]

JA70/11
    Spanish Conquistador
    70mm
    sculpted by Juan Carlos Avila Ribadas
    painter unknown

[IMG]

I43
    69th Regt Irish Brigade, Fredericksburg 1864
    54mm
    Sculpted by Krisztian Bodi
    painter unknown

[IMG]

I44
    Pvt 33rd Regt, Abyssinia 1868
    54mm
    Sculpted by Raul Garcia Laturre

[IMG]
  2. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    It goes without saying that the Irish Brigade figure is going to be on my wish list and I'll probably pick up a couple of that Brit figure it's neat too with several converstion options.
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    I like the Brit better than the "Irish Brigade" guy. I know soldiers sometimes wore their sack coats and frocks with the top button buttoned, especially in warm weather. I've yet to see a photo or read of someone wearing a greatcoat with only the top button of the "cape" buttoned. There's something wrong with the anatomy. The legs look a little awkward for some reason (photo angle?). I do like the partial rifle for the Brit, a little creativity verses the other half of a rifle hanging over the base. I'm a little puzzled over the scale (how many makers produce 120's anymore?let alone 200mm figs) for the first figure. Unless that is a subject that will sell well over there. You would think they would have picked a subject with wider appeal. It is very well sculpted, even the "fruit roll-up" hat on his head. ~Gary
  4. LCoote New Member

Australia
    The legs look to be too short if anything Gary.
  5. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    The head of the Irish Brigade figure ain't so great either, but the figure has potential IMHO
  6. Luis R. Active Member

Spain
    If I'm not wrong, that figure was sculpted some time ago as a master for a short run of cold bronze statuettes. I think it was originally comissioned by the Spanish Army as a presentation piece, thus the unusual subject and scale. I've seen the figure in person and it's indeed impressive and beautifully sculpted and casted, but as Gary said, I don't think it will be a top seller. Anyway, as Art Girona probably covered it's designing and sculpting costs with the Army's commission, it's a good move from them to make it available for the general public.