1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Art Girona

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by mick, Nov 27, 2003.

1. mick New Member

I have bought 2 figures from Art Girona over the past 3 months from different shops. The subject of some of their figures are very good, e.g a figure from the Maori Wars http://www.girona-soft.com/art-girona/, however I have found that the casting of the figures are very very bad. one of my figures had metal which was starting to deteriorate and there was lots and lots of left overs (i think it is called "flash"??) from the casting process.
    Has anyone else had the same experience with these figures or did I just get a bad batch?

Mick
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Good Morning Mick,
    I was at a show In Washington, DC and opened a couple of their figures and saw the same thing. Bought one anyway and had to do some cleanup. Turned out pretty good even with the extra flashing.

Guy (y)
  3. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi Mick,

i had several Art Girona figures with a lot of pitting (I think this is the correct term, a lot of very small holes in the casting). It'e been over a year since I bought one though, but it sems they still have problems.

Greetings,

Gino