1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Art Girona 70mm Welsh Guards Sergeant 1940

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Chris Oldfield, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    I was looking at Historex Agents’ site yesterday, & noted that Art Girona have released a 70mm white metal figure of a Welsh Guards Sergeant serving with the BEF in France 1940.

The site only had one small photo of the figure, which is depicted standing on a wooden deck with a section of ship’s railing (so presumably after being evacuated from Dunkirk), & wearing service dress uniform with long puttees & ‘37 Pattern webbing equipment with respirator haversack. I know this combination of uniform & equipment was not unknown in the BEF of 1939/40, because some units had not received their full issue of battledress and/or ‘37 Pattern webbing by that time, so this made the Art Girona figure quite different from the norm & quite interesting as a project.

I tried a search for the figure to see if any better photos were available, but the only ones to be seen were on Art Girona’s own site & although they showed the figure from several angles, there were no detailed closeups of it.

What I’m asking is: has any member bought or painted this particular figure already, & could share some closeup photos, or could point me in the direction of any reviews of it? I usually prefer resin to white metal figures, but if it’s an interesting subject to me I don’t mind.

Any info would be helpful, any replies gratefully appreciated.

Cheers!
    Chris O.