1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Art Girona 70/75mm Celt warrior 3rd Cent. B.C.

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by ukali1066, Jul 25, 2011.

1. ukali1066 Member

United-Kingdom
    I fell in love with this new kit as soon as I clapped eyes on the promo photo online and knew I had to have it, I picked it up to today from my local model shop [ Halifax Modellers World ]

Art Girona state the figure as 70mm, but Historex Agents have it listed as 75mm.

He came well packed in the usual green Art Girona box with two foam squares inside, the small photo/info card was all in Spanish though, an early import maybe ?

It is beautifully sculpted by Master sculptor Raul Garcia Latorre, one of my most favourite sculptors working today.

Even though he is given a 3rd century B.C. date he's much better suited to the middle of the 1st century A.D. as a British Celt fighting against the Roman invader.

The figure is a stocky, powerful looking warrior holding the head of a recently slaughtered foe, this may be too gruesome for some, but the Celts were head takers and is entirely appropriate, and I think it just enhances the brutal savagery of what is an already imposing figure.

He is the classic image of how a Celt should look, naked chest, bare feet, baggy bracae, torqs around his neck and biceps, drooping moustache and spiky lime washed hair, very fearsome indeed !

It is a white metal kit of few parts, only six in total, all well cast with only minor casting seams to be cleaned up, there is a slight rough pitting on the right side of the torso of mine, but this will be easily sorted with a swipe of thin filler.

All in all highly recommended if you love a well sculpted Ancient full of menace.

A great painters piece, you have pale British flesh, tattooing, colourful patterned trousers and blood !

Treat yourself !

Please forgive my poor camera work, I was trying to use my daughters camera.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Kevin D., JABERWOCKY, Edorta and 5 others like this.
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thank you for taking the time on the review Lee (y), photos look sufficient!
  3. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    I was especially interested in this figure, because the paint job of Roman Navarro is very good, as well as the sculpture . As shown in the photo, it appears that the fit will not be problematic in the arms because the cut is at the height of the armbands. This scale of 70mm is common in Art Girona, as it was in the old mark, Elite Miniatures.
    Thank you for your review.

http://www.mininet.tv/egminiatures.html
  4. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    could you show a closer picture of his feet? They looked clubby in the boxart picture. Thanks for doing the review, I have been wondering about this figure ever since it came out but have held off because of the feet.
  5. ukali1066 Member

United-Kingdom
    No problem guys, I could find no reviews of this figure online so thought I'd better do one.

The feet are actually OK, I would have prefered leather shoes though, I may sculpt some on myself.

[IMG]
    Meehan34 likes this.
  6. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    thanks for the added pic showing that the feet are fine. I'll have to pic one up.

Thanks again for the review!
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great revieuw. Looks a very good figure.

Marc