1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Arnhem '44" Paras by Verlinden.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Henk, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi all. Been absent for a while, but managed to get some bench time again lately. I've been working on this pair on and of for a while, this one came build and painted in a job lot of Verlinden figures I bought a while ago.

20190413_102232.jpg 20190413_102308.jpg 20190413_102208.jpg 20190413_102152.jpg
  2. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Classic Verlinden piece Henk.
    Gordon
  3. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom

I know, Gordon, I painted one about 30 years ago, it was actually my first or second large figure I did, having previously only done 1/72 and 1/35 scale vehicles and figures. The late 80's and early 90's were an exciting time, with Verlinden Vietnam figures in 1/35 scale a particular favourite of mine. Of course sadly, Verlinden since stopped producing, and some of the finer ones are now hard to come by. I found this one last year, in a job lot of build but largely damaged Verlinden figures. They all need repairs and touching up or repainting. This one I'm repainting, using some of the original as a base.

BTW, this set is like busses..... I've recently found another two....
    Grod likes this.
  4. chailey Active Member

England
    If I remember correctly this was one of Sid Horton's sculpts, he also did a 54mm version for his own "Chota Sahib" range, it's one that I always intended to try my hand at but sadly never got round to it, perhaps it's on somebody's list to re-launch!
    I still think the figure being carried would have been better wearing the Denison.......

Steve
  5. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hi Steve, thanks for the comments. I'm on the fence about wether or not the figure carried should wear a Dennison, I kinda like the contrast between the two figures, but I agree, that he would look good with the Dennison. I'm planning on doing this set straight ootb, and convert quite a bit on the second one I'm going to do. Thinking helmet and different webbing/kit for the walking Para, Dennison for the wounded para, maybe a different head with or without helmet, more like a casualty being carried out of harms way.

If my sculpting skills are up to it that is....
    chailey likes this.
  6. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    On the home stretch (I hope. damn these digital pictures....)
    .Fixed the head in place, and started dull coating. I'm happy with the smock, painted with Vallejo, wash with thinned Vallejo, and dusted with Mig powders. Extra matt coat by Ammo by Mig. The baret and patches are painted with a mix of ultramarine blue and primary magenta artist acrylics. The wounded para's hair needs a bit more work..

Attached Files: