1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Army of Tennesee (close up for Verg.)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Oct 7, 2007.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Army of Tennessee (close up for Verg.)

Something tells me I shouldn't be taking photo's of my figures this close up for public viewing but my friend Vergilius requested one, see this thread,

http://www.planetfigure.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24607

What could I do, he's such a nice bloke how could I refuse.

Roger

[IMG]
  2. eissteban Active Member

France
    wahou Roger
    excellent you don't loose your time
    this picture put a new view of your figure
    i like it very much

Seb.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Seb.

Roger

où sont-ils ? :D
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Roger:

I hope you don't mind. I used Photoshop to reduce the orange/red Georgia clay color wash-over on to the butternut uniform.

All the best,
    Dan

Attached Files:

5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Me, mind? It doesn't look bad does it?

Roger
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Good work Roger,
    I see you handled the red some more. You must forgive me, but i still find the whole setup great, but to red. (tenniscourt)..
    Further the painting is good. I like the figure.

Marc
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Hey Marc, I know it's a bit crazy but that's the colour of the clay in Georgia:) just like a tennis court. Erm, I haven't actually been there myself though. Thank you very much my friend I'm glad you like it:)

Roger
  8. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    Yeah thats a much better image of it from Dan, and it looks really great now, Roger. Nice one.
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    ok we've established my photography is ~@:*, Thank you Paul:)
  10. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    I didn't mean it like that, sorry Roger. Its not your photography, its the lightin'. Maybe you should try take a few shots outdoors. :)
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    it's ok Paul my tongue was firmly in cheek I'm sorry if you misunderstood, don't worry I wasn't havin' a go:)

Roger
  12. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Those of you who find that clay color too red need to see the real article. The figure base is by no means too red; for Vietnam or Georgia.
  13. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Some photos of Georgia red clay soil...yeah, about the same color as a clay tennis court. :)

All the best,
    Dan

Attached Files:

14. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Excellent foto's !!
    Thanks for the close up. I'm very flattered.
  15. Michael Scarborough Member

United-States
    Yes y'all, it really is that red.

Hi Gents,
    Yes, the clay in Georgia really is that red. In fact, in many places it is actually redder than Roger has portrayed it in the first photo. Everytime I visit Georgia, and those portions of the South with similar red clay, I am amazed at just how un-naturally red it is. I believe if someone were to do base work with the actual color, even toned down for scale effect, they would be criticized for going overboard on the color.
    Why is it so red? Geologists will tell you it is from iron deposits in the soil. But, in truth, it is a well known fact that the clay is so red because so much yankee blood was shed on it.
    Guess they should have stayed home.
    Regards,
    Michael
  16. eissteban Active Member

France
    Hey Dan, restore the red ;)
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thats very reassuring Michael, you wouldn't believe how many websites I trawled through looking for pictures of red clay. Thanks.
    I'm glad the groundwork has created a talking point, mission achieved. I was hoping it would. Yankee blood eh! Thats a bit controversial, I wonder if it gets a riposte.

Roger
  18. Michael Scarborough Member

United-States
    damnyankee blood, at that!

Yes sir.....guess I'd better keep my head down, as I live in NYC! But it's true; all Southern kids, at least in my generation and before were told that the soil was red from yankee blood and that your belly button was "where the yankee shot me". I guess as the generations of people, like my parents, who actually heard the stories from veterans, sitting on the front porch after Sunday dinner, have faded, this sort of poetic folklore has faded with them. The folklore is fine, but the facts were all too sad. Time to move on.
    By the way, I really do like your figure!
    Best regards,
    Michael
  19. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Michael, I'm glad you like the figure. Keep an eye out for me posting some pics of my next project, the 100mm Michael Robert's Confederate Artillery officer. The face and kepi are painted so I'll maybe post some pics soon.

Roger
  20. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Don't forget to post some close ups !!!