1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Armata Models (Russia) - News

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Martin Antonenko, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    From "Armata" come two new 1:10 busts, both made of Resin sculpted again by Maksim Sardushkin ...:

At the first one it was relatively clear who meant when I read "Маршал Победы - Marshal Pobyedy - Marshal of Victory" - namely an almost voluptuous painting festival for orders and medals lovers!

Title: Marshal of Victory

[IMG]

Of course, this is Georgij Konstantinovich Shukov in the splendor of his order collection (which is far from complete) - sculpted very precisely after this painting ...:

[IMG]

But as in the picture, I would take off the belt at the bust! He is a bit too narrow and spoiled visually the waist zone...

---------------------------------------------
    Concerning the second novelty I had hoped for a bust of Emperor Pu-Yi when I read "Последний Император - Poslednij Imperator - The Last Emperor".

But unfortunately it's just become a very well-known Russian martial arts fighter named Fjodor Emelianenko ...:

[IMG]

However, very well similar sculpted...:

[IMG]

Before the fight of course, after that he usually looks like this ...:

[IMG]

https://vk.com/armatamodels

Cheers
    S-73, Huw63, captnenglish and 3 others like this.
  2. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I think Nap will enjoy the first one...
    Oda and Nap like this.
  3. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Is there a reseller? A store? The site is only in russian.
  4. Nap Moderator

England

Oooohhhh ..........and Oooooooohhhhh

Love the details ..of course ..a challenge there for sure

Not sure about the sides being so straight down rather than more angled

Agree about the belt comment

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    captnenglish likes this.
  5. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A very nice rendition of Zhukov.
    However, I note that he has four "Hero of the Soviet Union" medals, which would place the date post 1st December 1956 (he went into forced retirement around 1958)
    The third one is dated 1st June 1945, which is more accurate for the photo above.
    I agree with the comments regarding the belt, and would also remove the fourth "Hero" medal for a better representation at the peak of his achievements.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Nap likes this.
  6. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Nap likes this.
  7. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Yes, Shukov received the "Hero of the Soviet Union" four times - as shown at the bust...:

[IMG]

If anyone is thinking about buying and painting the bust (maybe really you, Nap?): I have templates of all the shown orders and medals and can help with 'em.

Cheers
    Huw63, captnenglish and Nap like this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

It does look good as Edorta says .....

Martyn ...possibly one for me ...once I can work my way round the website ...need to brush up on my Russian !

Would be great if you could post something ref medals etc if you are able ...perhaps in a separate thread and the link could be put here ?

Nap
  9. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Martin, you are right about the belt..but the shape of the back doesn’t lend itself to simply slicing the bust short, so maybe shaving back the bust from the top belt line would work? To use the jeremy clarkson vernacular it’s gotta be every medal painters wet dream
  10. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Yep - I will post some templates under "Uniform References" tonite, Kev!

Cheers
  11. WehrWolf Member

Nice bust Marshal of Victory !

exactly (y)
  12. Nap Moderator

England
  13. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    I like the guy with all the medals;...but am I the only one that sees that the upper body looks so flat and without any body shape that whoever sculpted it must have been so focused on the medals that he must have lost any idea of the anatomy underneath all those beautiful medals. Or maybe he's packing a piece plywood under that coat. Just my opinion….Maybe someone could justify...….That bald guy looks pretty impressive.

Wayne
    Nap likes this.
  14. gazer Active Member

Israel
    I felt the same. The face sculpting is beautiful and leaves no doubt as to who is the original person, even without looking at the medals. However, the shape of chest and abdomen gives the feeling of a wooden board with a neck and head attached above it (maybe that's the way Stalin preferred him...)

Benny
    Nap likes this.