1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Ardennes WWII Young Bust.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Nick Majerus, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Finished this bust for a friend of mine out in Seattle. He is a Vietnam Vet with the 101st Abn. Div. Each 4th of July they have a Pig Roast and a bunch of Abn. guys gather for it. They have vets from WWII to present. They also have a raffle to help pay for the roast. The bust will go into the raffle. The figure was done in oils (flesh) and acrylics.

B1.JPG

B2.JPG

B3.JPG

gothicgeek likes this.
  2. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    I bet you will get tons of compliments if you could afford us some close-ups of this beauty.

All I could say with these three pics is that the base is great.
  3. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looking good Nick, hope you all have a great day.
    Carl.
  4. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Michael and Carl. Unfortunately I don't have a good setup to take pictures. These were the best of the bunch. Even these have glare from the light and wash out the shading. As with the painting I will try to improve on the pictures. The base is Olive wood and Ebony? I purchased it at the MMSI in Chicago last year from a vendor at the show. Nick RS4
  5. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Nice work Nick and for a very good cause.This bust always reminds me of Clint Eastwood.

Cheers David
  6. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks David. I sent a figure last year and the group sent back a book with signiatures of "The Band of Brothers" that attended and some others as well. So it is quite a gathering of vetrans!

Nick
    RS4
  7. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Nicely done Nick.....and what a great honor to paint it for such an occasion.
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Well done Nick.