1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Aramis

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, Jun 22, 2004.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

I've started yet another figure. This time it's Aramis, one of the three (four?) musketeers. It's a 54mm white metal kit by Andrea. As usual the detailing and casting is exceptional. I hope to have time to paint all four of them. The face should be ready, although I know I will make some adjustments as I progress. Here only the white of the eyes is painted and the hair got its first basecoat.

All comments are appreciated.

Gino.

[IMG]
  2. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Nice! i've just recieved this fig so i'll follow your sbs closely. The skin tones look great, although the pic doesn't look very fine (a bit blurry).

Btw, the sculptor is our mate Joaquín Palacios ;)

Regards
  3. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hallo guys,

i have been painting a bit on this musketeer, so here are the pics. His face is finished (although I don't like his left eye). The blue piece of clothing (how do you call that) needs some extra blending between the base colour and shadows. All is painted in acrylics

All remarks, hints and tips are more then welcome.

Greetz,

Gino.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Gino-

I like the job you have done with the blue. I had so much trouble with blue when I was painting the Andrea Capt kidd that I shelved him.

Can you pls share your mixes?

Keith
  5. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi Keith,

sorry it took so long but I had (again) healthproblems. Unfortunately, the end of the tunnel seems still far away. Anyway, here is the colour mix I've used. All colours are Vallejo.

Base: French Mir. Blue (VA900). This was then washed with Prussian Blue (VA965) to make it a bit "richer " in tone
    Highlight: Base + sunny skin tone (VA845) later with Sky Blue (961) to end with white
    Shading Dark Prussian Blue (VA899) later adding black and the final shading was done with pure black.

I hope it will be of some use.

Greetz,

Gino
  6. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Are you ok Gino?
  7. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the reply, Gino and yes it does help. I'll give the sunnyskin tone a try. I have used sunnyskin tone for hgihlighting reds earlier and it was great.

I hope you feel better soon.

Keith
  8. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    For me this looks perfect as all your other figures.
    Cant criticis anything.
  9. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

thanks for the encouragements.

Hi Lou,

You will probably all have noticed that I'm ill often and that I often don't appear on the forum for a period. This is all because the illness I suffer (C.F.S. ;chronic fatigue syndrom). In reality this means I have good periods and bad ones (like now). At the moment I have 53% of the energy a healthy man my age would have. I saw a proffessor yesterday who told me he can't cure it but he will try to make me feel a bit better. I hope this means I will have to sleep less ( not the 12-18 hours aday I need now) and feeling less exhausted.

Sorry for the negative posting, but it feels good being able to share it with anyone.

Greetz,

Gino
  10. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    No apologies needed Gino.......there are many of us who do not have "Perfect Health".........and wish we did........but speaking for myself, this hobby has been a mainstay for me for many years. I have been handicapped (legs) since I was 14 and while others enjoyed the active sports that I once enjoyed too.......I got into modelling...........and never looked back. Gino.....your talent and skill with a brush sets you way above those who can do more physical activities.........get all the sleep you need......but never give up painting.......you're great at it (y)
  11. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Gino-

A close friend of mine suffers from CFS as well. I empathize. I can only echo Guys comments about continuing to paint. I enjoy seeing your work and still refer to your oil face painting article for inspiration.

Keith
  12. Hardy Guest

Looking good Gino, are you going to Euromilitaire? :)
  13. jitch0t Member

Spain
    keep it up Gino, i hope you feel a bit better each day
  14. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hey,Gino,GREAT JOB on Aramis so far (y) (y) !! Do take care of yourself and don't overstrain too much ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  15. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

thanks for the moral support, I really can do with it at the moment. I was weeping when I was reading this. You don't know me in person, yet you do care so much about me. Thanks a million . At the moment I'm able to paint about 60-90 minutes a day before being exhausted. It's not much but I need to start somewhere. I'll try to come to Euro, Hardy, but it all depends on the health.

Thanks once again,

Gino
  16. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gino,

I know what you mean. It is so nice to have people who we have never met and may never but that do take the time to care for each other. I too could not get along without all the help and I am very thankful for all the help and encouragement that is here on PF. Take care and just go at your own pace and we will all benefit from it.
    :) :)
    Joe
  17. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Gino,

Ik wist helemaal niet dat jij ziek was... Ook ik heb jou (nog) nooit ontmoet, maar ik ken uiteraard jouw werk van Pf en andere forums, en ik zou willen zeggen: kop op man, je mag zeker trots zijn op wat jij voor onze hobby doet.

Je landgenoot,

Johan

PS en alvast een prettige 21 Juli toegewenst! ;)
  18. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi everyone,

I started this figure a while ago but due to much comission work I didn't had the time to finish it. Last week saw some calm days, so I decided to finish it. It's Andrea's 54mm figure, the resin wall is Armand Bayardi, the vine is photo etching from Aber and the base is once again from D.M.C. design (when you get the best from a company, there's no need to change). All was painted in acryllics.

I would love to hear all your comments. Many thanks in advance.

Greetz,

Gino

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  19. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fabulous work Gino.......the figure.......the wall and vine........and I love the base.......they all accentuate the the excellent painting of the figure. (y) (y)
  20. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gino, Very nice. I too like the vine going up the pillar. As for your health problems, hang in there. ~Gary