1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book Aradia Miniatures - Fairy

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by yellowcat, Feb 5, 2014.

1. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
    Title : Fairy
    Manufacturer: Aradia Miniatures
    Scale: 75mm
    Material & no. of pieces: resin, 8 pieces

fairy.jpg

My Fairy from Aradia Miniatures Christmas offer finally arrived yesterday. It is shipped in a bubble pack envelope.

The Kit consist of 8 light gray resin parts. The quality of the resin is great and the casting is above average.

IMG_2297.JPG

IMG_2305.JPG

Parts View
    IMG_2309 copy.jpg

Head and Torso Views
    IMG_2346 copyc.JPG IMG_2358b.JPG
    IMG_2348 copy2ab.jpg IMG_2357 copyab.JPG

Arms, Legs and Wings Views
    IMG_2334 copyb.jpg

IMG_2363 copyc.JPG

Rock Base View
    IMG_2333 copy.JPG

IMG_2332 copyd.JPG

My final thoughts. The face and the anatomy is superb. The figure is listed as 75mm. But I think it's about 65 0r 70mm. I prefer the figure in a larger scale and cast in white metal. There are some mold lines and flash to clean up. The only thing that I don't like is the hair. It should have better refine and more detail. The back of the hair looks wrong to me. The wings could be larger and cast in clear resin. The figure is sold out but there will be a second run soon in the upcoming months.

Attached Files:

Mike S., Jimbo, kaz6120 and 2 others like this.
  2. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks for reviewing this kit, I was wondering what the actual kit would be like as I had only seen the CAD images of it. Looks basically a nice kit, I agree with the hair though. Thank you
    Ben
  3. swralph A Fixture

Thank's for the review
  4. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    I think it's a bit misleading advertising this with the CAD images. They look wonderful, but the actual casting looks pretty average to me and lacking any sharpness.

Alex.
  5. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
    Alex, you are totally right. Especially the hair, it is terrible. I wish this is in 1/6 scale.
  6. gabo New Member

Mexico
    CAD Images are a good reason for not to buy a figure, In many cases the final product doesn´t match with advertised images.
    ...Second run??. after I saw this, I have my reservations.
  7. Comic-Club Member

Luxembourg
    Hi everyone.
    I am new to this site AND brand new to smal Figures.
    In fact I'm in Garagekits
    Hmmm, my favorite Garagekit scale, but here it would be to small ? No ? Now it seems it is 1:1 scale, its a fairy, they are pretty small ;)
    As told before I'm new in this scale.
    But 75mm, will this not say, a human from aprox 1,80 meter is 75mm high, so if you have someone who is only 1,50m of course the figure is smaller ?
    If this not so, please correct me.
    I am also a Garagekit producer (Starting soon) and want to edit 2 smal figures.
    The sculpt is already done, hmm now about mesures... They are between 70 and 75 mm, Persons beeing 1,97m tall, so I tought about 70mm even if now 73 mm.
    Also I contacted a white Metall caster, and not as I do usually in resin (casting myself the 1/6 Figures). Hope People will prefer them in Metall. Limited run 49 Pieces.
    Sorry for my english, hope everybody understand what I try to explain.
    Back to topic.
    I need this Figure, she is amazing, love the Pose and the sculpt. Yes Hair is not the Best.
  8. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
  9. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Here is a picture of her with some paint on her. Comic-club, I think resin is becoming more popular with most of us that paint fantasy pieces and girls (at least I prefer resin)

fairy3.jpg

fairy4.jpg
    simon42 likes this.