1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Aquilifer 90mm (2 Euros).

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Piotr Gonczarek, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Piotr Gonczarek Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Dear Friends,

Sometimes by sheer accident , you can find surprisigly nice toys for so-called "funny money"..While I was shopping for a gift for my niece I came across some figurines of warriors and knights from the company called Blue Box (sometimes also Mac Toys).It is a line of plastic miniatures, but I was surprised that the finish was rather...nice .Price: 50 Czech Crowns (2 Euros). Just out of curiosity I primed the first one and started painting it. Yes , I know its not Pegaso or Romeo Models, but..its 2 Euros.(y) Cheers,Peter

Aquilifer (17)-horz.jpg

Aqulifer1.JPG Aqulifer10.JPG Aqulifer11.JPG Aqulifer12.JPG Aqulifer14.JPG Aqulifer3.JPG Aqulifer5.JPG Aqulifer6.JPG Aquilifer (10).JPG Aquilifer (25).JPG

Attached Files:

2. Helm A Fixture

England
    That's pretty damn good amazingly cheap too
    Steve
    Piotr Gonczarek likes this.
  3. Al Bubnis New Member

United-States
    Very nice, and a bargain to boot. Al
  4. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Impressive result,

Mike
  5. Piotr Gonczarek Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Steve,Al and Mike -thank you for Your comments,
    Cheers,Peter
  6. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Blue Box also marketed a series of white metal figures in 54mm, in the "Chinese style", as it came to be known among toy soldier collectors. Very similar to the old King-White/Reeves figures. They had sets including Romans, Waterloo French and British, Union and Confederates, and WWII Germans, Americans and British. But they were not nearly as well detailed as this figure. Very interesting, thanks for sharing this!

Prost!
    Brad
  7. Piotr Gonczarek Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Hi Brad,
    From the little research Ive done online (because I was so impressed initially) , I understood that theyre early series (plastic and metal) were really poor sellers, very cheap looking toys, forms not very well developed etc..nothing to look at really.Their last series (their last ditch effort to survive as company ) mwere Romans, Knights ,Saracens etc..and these last series are very very good.But it didnt help them -they no longer exist.So the prices are even lower because its discontinued.I can live with that;)

Cheers,Peter
  8. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    The metal ones I'm thinking of sold relatively well, but the market is a little limited, and eventually, makers of other collector's toy soldiers achieved much more detail and animation in their figures, brands such as King & Country, Frontline. It's interesting to me, because those two makers started making figures in a very similar style, very similar to King-White, but they sparked an appetite for more detailed "toy soldiers" among collectors. I still like the Blue Box metal figures, as well as the older King-White/Reeves. They're not simple but they still look like toys, which I like.

Prost!
    Brad
  9. Piotr Gonczarek Active Member

Czech-Republic
    If you ever see these ones on shelf , dont hesitate , theyre better than they look online ..painting some of them now

images.jpg index.jpg images22.jpg
    theBaron and captnenglish like this.
  10. swralph A Fixture

Very nicely finished,and at 2 euro you can't complain.Wish I could get some kits at that price.
    Ralph.