1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Aquila

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Landrotten Highlander, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Superb painting and very well done too.
  2. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

3. Cannonball A Fixture

Very nice finish L.H. Particularly like the stubble effect and the armour.

Neal
  4. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

5. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

Re the Armour, this effect was achieved using a number of different techniques.
    The basis was Mr Metal Colour Dark Iron, followed by a stippling of Mr Metal Colour Iron, followed by a stippling of Mr Metal Colour Stainless. Buff it up a little, then using Ushi van der Rosten powder to further buff up the armour using a cotton swab. The benefit of the swab is that is does not quit reach the deepest recesses, but leaves most on the ridges.

Difficult to see on the photographs, but in real life it gives a sort of hammered effect which I am happy wokrs well in the overall scheme.
  6. arkangelo Active Member

luxurious companion congratulations

Ark
  7. HansDig A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looking good !! Wow, MSc. Gotta call you mister now....... got my MBA at 45 and indeed, it takes a lot of hours to do it while working 50-60 hours a week. But it was interesting. Even got the "Best in Business"-award for my graduation thesis on Viaticals.
    Well, that's all history. Retired 12 years later and I don't need the MBA as a volunteer forrester.
    Keep up the good work since this is a very well painted bust !!!
    Landrotten Highlander likes this.
  8. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

Tanks Ark and HansDig.

After this MSc I will be looking into a PhD while completing another BSc (Astronomy) by remote learning. Just to keep the mind busy
  9. Egg Active Member

Wow, that is superb. The bust and the painting.