1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

[Apr 13, 2013] SWORD AND LANCE 2013 (Darlington)

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by Dennis, Mar 9, 2013.

SWORD AND LANCE 2013
Start Date: Apr 13, 2013 10:00 AM
End Date: Apr 13, 2013 06:00 PM
Time zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST

Haughton Rd
Darlington DL1 1DR

Link (optional):
None

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good you'll get frisked at the door for money just like everyone else and no farthings or tanner's either.:rolleyes:
    Don likes this.
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Make sure you've got warm hands please Richie.
  3. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    It's the detour to drop Mother in Law off.
  4. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Do like I do and drop her on her head:blackeye:
  5. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Nice thought but I'd end up in bin bags
  6. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Good luck to all my fellow planeteers who are entering the competions,please can we have plenty of photo's,:)

Brian
  7. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Brian,
    I'm on the door, so all suspect packages are getting confiscated until after the competition....... so how many photo's do you want of my winning Zulu war models..... will all angles do.:D
    Don't worry mate I will try and get a shot of every piece,(y) they will be uploaded either Saturday night or Sunday morning at the latest.
    cheers
    Richie
  8. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Looking forward to being in Darlington tomorrow to start the final and shortest leg of the journey home from Norway..... and then back again for a frisking from Richie on 13th. :eek:

Roger.
  9. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You're only getting frisked if you bring your purse and some form of decimalisation, I'll even settle for coins with a milled edge.:woot: I know what you t'Yorkshire lads are like and no bartering with sheep either, Del can't make it to do the exchange rate.
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I was hoping Ken would take a Wensleydale ewe for the Crimean war flats, I'll have to have a look and see what the kids have in their money boxes now.
  11. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Roger it's a deal mate but I'll need to see pictures. I don't want to be expecting the daughter and end up with the mother. :LOL:

Ken
    Helm likes this.
  12. Helm A Fixture

England
    Blimey Ken's fussy :whistle:

Steve
    mil-mart likes this.
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Besides Sword & Lance there are other big events in this part of the world but you'll have to wait for September for this one,
    http://www.mashamsheepfair.com/
  14. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    The Country Boys will be well aware of this one. If it had involved Sheep Chasing rather than Sheep Racing I'd put my money on our Ayrshire members.
    Helm likes this.
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Chasing, racing, whatever you want to call it really. :woot:
    DEL likes this.
  16. SteveL New Member

Looking forward to it, had a great time last year, see you there.....:)
    housecarl likes this.
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Anyone going to the show interested in a heap of Military Modelling magazines c.1990's, free of charge before they go in the bin? I need more room for the expanding flat empire.

Roger.
  18. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Roger,
    Don't you dare give any away:nailbiting: with Zulu war related items:arghh: until I get my grubby chimp mits on them.(y) I might bring a couple of boxes of books along aswell, 100% of all proceeds going to the Hospice. Here are just a few examples of what will be available anyone interested let me know.
    cheers
    Richie

The Somme. The Folio Society
    Blenheim
    George Washington. The Folio Society
    Benjamin Franklin. The Folio Society.
    Arnhem - Jumping the Rhine 1944 & 1945
    Napoleon. The Folio Society
    The Desert War Trilogy - North Africa by Alan Moorhead. The Folio Society
    The First World War by Martin Gilbert. The Folio Society 2 volumes
    The Second World War by Martin Gilbert. The Folio Society 2 volumes
    Barbarians invasions of the Roman empire by T. Hodgkin Folio Society 8 volumes
    Winston Churchill The Early Years. Folio Society
  19. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    You can take the whole lot Richie, sort out what you want and do as you like with the rest.
    Who's the Blenheim book by, I might be interested?
  20. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Can't remember mate they are all at work, I will let you know later on today.