1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique APM Op Moshterak Head

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Gellso, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Just tried the Andrea face acrylics for first time. Thought they were good but might use a bit of red for cheeks next time.

Attached Files:

2. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Hi Grant,
    Just like you I only started with Andrea flesh paint very recently. It doesn't sufficiently cover for the "pinkness" or "redness" common in Caucasion skintones. But on the other hand it is darn good paint in many respects. So my way around this issue is just to mix my pre-mixed Caucasion base skintone from Vallejo to each of the six Andrea flesh paints.

Following this procedure, I obtained the following:
    http://www.planetfigure.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34075

For a rookie as I am, this is sufficient proof of the superiority of Andreas paint, even if mixing has been required.

Hope this helps!
    Michael
  3. Stephan PlanetFigure Supporter

Germany
    nice eyes.
  4. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice start Grant i will be following along, i agree maybe a bit of red into the mix would look better, you could still apply a very dilute red glaze over the cheeks if your carefull, i have tried it with succes in the past.

Will follow this one mate,

Steve(y)
  5. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Grant,
    Nice start for the first use of the mixes.
    Cheers
    John
  6. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Very good start here old friend. Can't see anything that could be added, it's good though to vary skin tones per project. Look forward to seeing your progress. By the way is there a website for the manufacturer ?:D
  7. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  8. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

I,too will be following this paint up.....the eyes are striking. This thread is relevant to my interests.
  9. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Main body

This took me all day painting the light and dark areas of the straps. I might highlight the tops with drybrush very lightly when completed.
    The basic colour was a mix of German camo beige, sand yellow and a mix I had for modern brit camo base. had a few attempts before I was happy with it.
    My crap camera skills seem to miss a lot of brown tones so it doesn't look too 2 dimensional in real life.....I hope!

Attached Files:

10. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent bit of painting.
    Carl.