1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

APG General George Washington

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by theseeker, Jul 3, 2008.

1. theseeker Member

United-States
    I just received the 250mm bust of General George Washington from The Artist Preservation Group. The bust was sculpted by Matt Springer and he has done an outstanding job. It is cast in resin and in two pieces.
    The casting job is excellent and will require little cleanup.
    The kit came in a very sturdy box and carefully wrapped in bubble wrap.
    It includes painting instructions (thank you) and prep guidelines.
    I am extremely pleased with this bust and would highly recommend it.
    http://www.artistpreservationgroup.com/

Attached Files:

2. Bad91Fellow Member

Germany
    looks very nice!
  3. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    excellent bust ! Looks like great quality
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Working on this one as we speak. I've started laying in my oils alll ready. I agree whole-heartedly Rocky, this is one outstanding piece. Matt did phenomenal job sculpting and John at UEM did a GREAT job casting. A fantastic piece to work with!

Jay H.
    OKC
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Matt has done a vey good job on this figure, looks great.
    Rocky, thank you for the review.

Cheers
    Roc
  6. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Great sculpt...really like it

Is there an agent for U.E.M.
    here in the UK

Frank
  7. IronMike A Fixture

Glad everyone likes the bust. The piece was cast by me not John. (Johns casting would have been even better) This piece is not carried by any dealers but sold directly through the APG. For more info you can write to infomikeapg@aol.com. Cost is $45 plus $5 post in the US. For overseas delivery write for shiping cost. NO CREDIT CARDS! Paypal, money orders, or check payable in USD on a US bank please.

Happy 4th of July!
    Mike Stelzel
  8. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Mike,
    Very nice crisp detail and great sculpt. It could tempt me to do a bust?
    Cheers
    John
  9. IronMike A Fixture

Thanks John. This one will almost paint itself.
  10. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I hope to finish my copy this weekend, it's a smashing kit that practicully paints itself.
  11. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Sorry Mike! I guess since I got my copy from John in Atlanta I incorrectly assumed he did the casting on this one. Either way, great stuff and reall fun piece! Thanks for setting me straight!

Jay H.
    OKC
  12. IronMike A Fixture

No worries Jay. Thanks for the compliments.
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Absolutely a great bust.

Marc
  14. IronMike A Fixture

I can't say enough how greatful I am to Matt for doing this bust for the APG. Not only is Matt a very talented man but is also a generous supporter of our efforts. Many thanks Matt.
  15. MattS Active Member

United-States
    Mike,

Thanks! You are too kind.

Ok, you've convinced me. I'd like to sculpt another bust for the APG as my contribution to the next project. If you have subject ideas, Mike or anyone else, please feel free to post them here or email me.

Thanks!

springermatt(at)comcast.net
  16. IronMike A Fixture

Wow! Thanks Matt. Becasue the next project will be centered on the Gettysburg Show next year it will of course be a Civil War theme. The one bust that comes to mind would be Hancock.

On that subject we have the hotel locked on and they are now taking reservations for the show. http://www.eisenhower.com/ Make sure you mention you are with the APG Show. The rate is $110 a night for double ocupancy. Show dates are 7-9 Aug 2009 and the room rate is good for one week prior and after. John Jefferies is the Show Chairman and he's preparing vendors info etc now. We will have an announcement here and on the APG site when everything is ready. This one is going to be fun. We're planning a picnic, (in lieu of a banquet)tours, and a special contest.

Mike
  17. Roman Active Member

United-States
    Roman

Hello
    Great bust! I have Puławski bust sculpted by Matt Springer wich I'm painting at the moment. I'm not a top painter but I don't mind. I't's a great feeling to be in touch with a bust created by such a talent as Matt.
    Warm regards
    Roman
  18. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    It is a great piece, looks just like the quarter! ;)

Seriously, it looks well-done, very clean casting, from the pictures, and excellent sculpting.

Brad
  19. MattS Active Member

United-States
    Thanks again guys. Glad you like the bust.

Mike - Granted it may be a fine film, but what does Hancock have to do with the ACW?????

[IMG]
  20. IronMike A Fixture

Got me. Could they be related?

Attached Files: