1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Anzac lewis gunner (remake)

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by megroot, May 9, 2010.

1. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    With my first post i find some usefull critism. Some could be made, others have to wait for another figure.
    I made him more dirty, i repaint the eye's, did some work on the uniform to make it look wet.
    It is a ANZAC wit a Lewis Gun coming from the first line totally exhausted he walks into the rain back to the second line where he can rest.
    I hope you like it...

So this is where it ends with this figure. I hope it will satisfy you all
    ANZAC 001 (Medium).jpg ANZAC 002 (Medium).jpg ANZAC 003 (Medium).jpg ANZAC 004 (Medium).jpg ANZAC 005 (Medium).jpg ANZAC 006 (Medium).jpg
    Steve, red tom, Tommi and 1 other person like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Great weathering, the uniform is still too light, but if you're not prepared to repaint it so be it.
    Carl.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Carl,
    I know what you mean. I asked on a WW 1 forum what whas the color of the ANZAC khaki.
    The best answer i got was: "it's like asking what color should i use for green grass "
    Then i decide to let it like it was.

Anyway thanks for the positive comments, and i'm pleased that you like the weathering.

Marc
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Looks great Marc, you've done a very convincing job with the weathering.
  5. flart1943 Active Member

England
    Hi Marc
    Spot on.
    Pete
  6. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The dirt really adds to it!

All round a nice piece of work

Mark
  7. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Marc, spot on with the mud, very convincing, well done.(y)

Cheers Ken
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Guys.
    Glad you find it looks something.

Marc
  9. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    I don't want to hijack Marc's thread, but wanted to offer a partial explanation for the apparel on this figure.

I believe he's wearing something like a "shelter half". If so, I believe these were rubberized or "vulcanized"(?) canvas, were big enough to be worn as rain protection, kinda cape fashion. This illustration by Andrew Mollo was based on a black and white newspaper photo of a Private in a Royal Engineers Tunneling Company near St. Pierre Divion, Nov 1916 (if the book reference is correct). This sapper is also wearing thigh high rubber waders.

All the best,
    Dan

Attached Files:

10. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Marc,

I'm satisfied with the new pics, because you've taken advice and criticism and you've done your best to respond to it positively. I'm not sure what kind of WW1 forum you contacted to get that nugget of misinformation about ANZAC uniforms, but in future, just ask me. Like Carl, I believe the colour of his uniform should be darker, however I really like the added mud. Just the mud alone has greatly improved this figure. Well done mate.
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Tony,
    Glad you like it more now then the first pic's. The forum (i'm a member to) is only for WW 1 fanatics. It's called: forum eerste wereldoorlog and here is the link: http://forumeerstewereldoorlog.nl/index.php?sid=a164164e7dfeca0ce1a3625ee0ffcfc3
    There are alot of people who are digging ( under the Diggers finding more of these guys) and conservating the battlefields of Belgium and work with Peter Barton.
    With other words, i thought it where guys who know something.
    Maybe you can find something on it, there are alot of articles and stories from the soldiers in the original language.
    Do you think i must ad some white.......the area around the Somme has chalk in the ground.

I'm going this weekend (4 days) to the region of Verdun, and Romagne, Vauquois. Gonna look after a uniform in the museum from Jean Paul.

Marc
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Dan,
    When i was in the army (for my number and i didn't enjoyed it) we had a similar cape. It was just as you wrote, a shelter half. You have to made a shelter with another half of your buddy. Sleeping place for two.
    So in the late 70's of the last century the dutch army used this.

marc