1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

ANZAC Gallipoli - 1915

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anzac1915, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Anzac1915 Member

Australia
    Hi everyone,

I have been visiting this site for a couple of months now and Andrew (Specmod) has been encouraging me to have a go at some figures. I have completed my first figure and thought that this would be the best forum to get some honest, constructive feedback. Whilst I know I have a long way to go it was an enjoyable build and I was happy with the way that it turned out.

Some details:

The figure depicted is an ANZAC infantryman during the Gallipoli campaign. It is a 120mm from AC Models in NZ. It is one of his earlier pieces in white metal (I believe they are now all in resin). It is painted in a combination of acrylics from Lifecolor (Flesh set), Vallejo Model Colour, Derwent Mini's and Citadel Inks and washes.

All comments would be most welcome

Regards
    Greg

Attached Files:

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome to the planet Greg. I like what you have done. I would try for more contrast in your flesh as well as the clothing. Excellent work.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Welcome Greg,
    I hope you like it here.
    The figure is really nice painted. As Guy mentioned some more shading will do the job.

marc
  4. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Greg,
    You,ve done a good job with the acrylics,Well done.
    Andy
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Greg,

Welcome to the Planet mate. Great to have another Aussie on board.

For a first effort I'd say you've done an outstanding job on this figure. You clearly have a good eye and it will improve with practice.

As some of the others have commented, your flesh tones could do with some more contrast. I like the base and the groundwork.

Overall,a very good effort.
  6. Chas Young New Member

Australia
    Nice piece, he has a real authentic look about him.

I never feel experienced enough to comment on figure painting, so I can only echo the opinions of others in that the fleshtones could be varied a bit.

Uniform and pose is excellent. Well done mate.

Chas
  7. PHIL WALDEN Member

Morning my friend,....
    perhaps a very light wash of artist oils," Burnt Sienna " 75% turps 25% colour, and the tip of your brush a little boiled linseed oil, remember just the tip,.. this will give you a light suntan and will settle in the low spots...perhaps you may require a second application,the look of the figure will tell you...

Phil...
  8. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    lovely piece, greg