1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP ANZAC charge ,Gallipoli 1/32

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Apr 15, 2014.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    This is an attempt with a few figures to show a typical charge at Gallipoli.Its early days yet to see how it all turns out,but will give it a go.
    There are still more figures(charging)even though it looks a bit depressing at the moment.
    Does anyone see this as a commercial release?, with it being twelve figures or so,it could out price itself,Comments please.
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. Funky50 Guest

Looking promising but early days ...I suppose price would be a factor but has the potential to be a great scene and a popular diorama....Nice One....Kevin
  3. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Difficult to say. A special but very interesting scene. And the price could be the problem
  4. jasmils Active Member

Australia
    Andy, I would say YES!!!!!
    If it was done the same way as Time Machine Miniatures Roman vignettes. Not all in one go, but small vig's that all join up.
    Nice work mate. Please don't skimp on the horror of what this depicts.

Cheers Jason
  5. jositomanito Active Member

United-States
    The complete scene could be amazing...12 figures !!!!
    But I´m afraid of price. Not easy calculate total amount of it........
    Perhaps the solution would be three small vignettes with
    4 figures (2 charging and 2 casualties) each ????
    Best regards from Spain.
  6. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

Andy, very cool and a great idea. Tommy's War cannon diorama has proved popular and I am sure the Gallipoli idea will prove just as popular.
    Steve likes this.
  7. swralph A Fixture

Nice idea,barr the price
  8. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

We are discussing this without knowing the price, we are all guessing. Tommy's War cannon set sells for £120 and it's proved popular. 12 figures - even six figures will be costly especially from the Antipodes - shipping is the painful cost. But if AC breaks it down into several sets I am sure the popularity will be great. However I am looking forward to seeing this set emerge.
  9. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Looks brilliant, we could get seconds jobs......
    Richie likes this.
  10. oniria A Fixture

Spain
    I love it.
    The problem as it has already beingn pontied could be the price. I guess if you could release 4 different vignettes of three figures, they could work....Just try to mix the casualty figures and don't releas sets with only dead and wounded guys..
  11. oniria A Fixture

Spain
    I forgot. The vignettes would have to work as independent pieces that may all work together (maybe some don't want to buy all of them, but then your artisitc and fun work is to "tease" them to.
    Well, that's what I tryed to do when I released my grenadier sets.
  12. jositomanito Active Member

United-States
    I agree with ONIRIA. Sets of three or four figures in 75mm scale
    (Combining casualties and charging soldiers) could result a good option.
    More than 3/4 figures per set shot the price too high !!! But please, don´t
    retire from this project.....please go on !!! There are a lot of modellers
    that love Gallipoli actions !!!
    Cheers. JM.
    Steve likes this.
  13. ometz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looks promising. I absolutely see it as a potential commericial release, perhaps a limited run of a set number. Seems like (even taking price into consideration) there is a market for these vignettes--Tommy's War released one and the Shenandoah scenes continue to attract buyers.
  14. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Super piece Andy!

If you're having doubts about it being a viable commercial peice then I'd say carry on regardless. There is one collector that would pay you a handsome price for the original sculpt..Peter Jackson the film director. He commissioned the Perry twins to create a Gallipolli diorama, and has a WWI collection that is world class. If I were you I'd drop him a line and let him see your progress so far, he'd probably buy it before you'd even finished it!

All the best,
    Jon.
  15. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

16. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    This idea needs to see production.
  17. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    I love it!!!!
    It has the kind of action I really dig.
    Commercial wise... I guess it all depends on the material. MB puts out a number of dio sets (8 or so figs) in HQ plastic and they are very reasonably priced.

GO FOR IT!!!!

Colin
  18. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    At a rough estimate,I could do the whole set retail at 120 pounds,a tennor per figure say but that would be the whole dio.As for breaking it down into smaller lots a mixed bag of figures can be used in different order.
    Andy
    Steve and ChaosCossack like this.
  19. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hi Andy,

cool project !!!

I would say, offer it as complete set and alternative in two figure parts. The one who wants them together will pick them up - the others will collect them part by part.

I´m looking forward to see the whole szenery !!!
  20. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    As the saying goes "shut up and take my money!"
    Steve and ChaosCossack like this.