1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Anyone know about "Art Miniature"?

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by theBaron, Feb 25, 2012.

1. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Hi, all,

I've been trying to find out whatever happened to the French maker "Art Miniature". They had a website at www.artminiature.com, titled, "Art miniature Catalogue de figurines et de miniatures".

The catalog featured 18th century and Napoleonic subjects, heavy on the French, naturally. The 18th century catalog included vignettes such as "Chocolate", featuring a pair of ladies enjoying a visit and a cup of hot chocolate, and including a maid and little boy or girl, and another scene of two gentlemen having a social visit.

Their figures, in white metal, were available as kits, or painted to various levels of quality. There were also some articles on the site, on painting techniques, I recall.

The site went dark about a year and a half ago. The address now goes to a hosting company, which makes me think Art Miniature closed up shop, at worst, or at best, is still in business but gave up maintaining a website.

Does anybody out there know anything about this maker? They disappeared before I ever had a chance to order any of the sets. I'm thinking that our European friends may be more familiar

Thanks in advance, prosit!
    Brad
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Judging by their website I'd say they've packed up and gone home, a pity. Does anyone know if their masters have been released under a different title ?