1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Anybody know....

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Wlas, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Wlas Member

United-States
    Anybody know anything about CR Miniatures out of Wakefield? I'm looking at a Visigoth in resin ( 75mm ) with what may be a Suebian hair knot. Don't know how I got this or when. No info on sculptor either. :eek:
  2. Wlas Member

United-States
    Amazing. I thought one of our many Brits would be familiar with this. :(
  3. custer760 Well-Known Member

Hi John,
    I think that most of our members know the figure manufacturer better as I&E Miniatures, who sadly went out of business a year or so ago.
    Try Chuck Robinson at Red Lancers,he had this figure in his cheap kits bin a while ago.
    Unfortunately the widow of a friend of mine was selling off his stuff a couple of weeks back and this figure was in the batch along with about 5 other 75mm I&E kits unfortunately she sold the Visigoth kit !!
    I am quite sure that it was sculpted by Steve Harrison !!!!
    Regards
    Peter
  4. custer760 Well-Known Member

One more thing John,
    you might also try Cromwell Models (Tanks e.t.c. usually) they were selling I&E Figure kits at Euro Militaire because of money owed them by I&E or so,they have some masters and had them cast,they were excellent quality.
    Peter
  5. Wlas Member

United-States
    Thanks for the heads-up, Peter.
  6. quang Active Member

Belgium
    ...this one?

[IMG]
  7. custer760 Well-Known Member

Hi Quang,
    thats the one , spot on !!!!
    Peter
  8. Robert Dominick Member

United-States
  9. Wlas Member

United-States
    Everyone was a big help. In my first post I stated I had one, just didn't know much about the maker. I'm familiar with the one on ebay! It's mine. ;)
    Thanks Bob, Peter and Quang.
    Like many of my fellow planeteers I have far too many figures and not enough lifetimes to do them.