1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Any Us Painting Clinics?

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by combatartist, Sep 25, 2012.

1. combatartist Active Member

United-States
    Are there any US based painting clinics planned? I'm in the scheduling stage, and have to plan ahead.

Thanks;

Tony S
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Yes, Doug Cohen will be doing a painting clinic for the 2013 Lone Star Figure Show, held in Dallas Tx. Should be around March 14-16th. More exact info on dates in near future.
  3. mcsneed17 Member

how about one that people on the east coast can go to without spending a fortune in airfare because not everybody can afford it we do have rent to pay and ulities also to pay.
  4. Don Johnson Active Member

United-States
    Marc, you've GOT to be kidding!
    Did you attend the Long Island Club's clinic this year? It's in your back yard, you went last year, and it features one of the best painters on the planet (Earth, I mean, not this site)!
    Marc, you're a good guy, and you care deeply about figures, but please - this "there's no videos, there's no clinics" song is getting a bit old.
  5. combatartist Active Member

United-States
    Hey Anders;

I've got to get there, plain and simple. It sounds like it was a great success last year. Keep us all posted!

Tony S

ps: being selfish, I'd like to see a Midwest seminar again...
  6. nberrington Member

Canada
    Greetings all - there are two wonderful painting clinics in Winnipeg, Manitoba in November (17,18 and 24,25) with Mathieu Fontaine. There is still space and US participants are welcome. (they do call us "friendly Manitoba")

Mathieu is an award winning painter and excellent teacher.

Details from myself at:

Masterclasswinnipeg@gmail.com

Winnipeg is 2 hours from Grand Forks,ND, and there are direct flights from Chicago, Minneapolis and Denver.

As a bonus, Neil Young and Crazy Horse are in town on the first weekend!

Regards

neil
  7. nberrington Member

Canada