1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Any Requests ?"

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, Dec 26, 2004.

1. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi guys ! Here's my next project,a WW1 Hussar circa 1916 playing his harmonica to a "select" ;) audience. I used a Hornet head,Historex hands and spares from the good ol' spares box to create this piece. The chair is from MK35 and the cat from Andrea Miniatures. Bottle and cup is from Historex. The base is a metal accessory from Heresy Miniatures. I decided not to cover the bushby with the usual cloth cover to show off the texture of this interesting piece of headgear. I hope you chaps enjoy it as much as I did in creating it. Thanks for looking and cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Love it Kenneth..........I really enjoy seeing your creations from the beginning to the beautiful end. (y)
  3. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Superb, can't wait to see it painted.

gino
  4. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Thank very much,Guy;I really appreciate the positive feedback from you ! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  5. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hey,Gino,thanks for the encouragement ! I hope to paint him up soon. Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  6. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Kenneth that's a really sweet figure... i really love the scene... :) i bet the painted version will impress me too.
  7. georges64 Member

France
    An original subject well sculpted Yeo.I like it very much and I can't wait to see it painted.Bravo !

(y)
    georges64
  8. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Thanks,Xenofon,I really appreciate the encouragement :lol: ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :)
  9. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi Georges :) ! Thank you very much for the positive feedback;I really appreciate it ! I hope to get it painted soon. Cheers.
  10. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth, my friend, beautiful, looking forward to seeing it painted. ;)

Keep up the good sculpting.

Cheers

Roc. :)
  11. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Thank you very much,Roc;I hope to do the painting soon ! Cheers.
  12. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Ken - I didn't think you could top the Bosnian snowball fight, but this does it! It's just great! ;)
  13. y_wong New Member

Dear Kenneth,

As usual, a very interesting subject. Looking forward to its painting.

regards :)
  14. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hey Dan,thanks for the encouragement;I really appreciate it ! So you see now what your little web search did for my modelling ? Thanks,once again,for pointing me to such an interesting website,Dan. Cheers !
  15. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Wong Yau,my dear friend,thank you very much ! Cheers .
  16. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    An update on my current project : After some thought,I decided to add a cushion to the chair that the figure is sitting on. It serves both to tie-in the figure to the seat of the chair,as well as,add an element of interest to the scene. I also added more details to the breeches (reinforcement to the seat of the breeches and braiding to the outseams),as well as refining the pattern behind the Hussar jacket. Finally,I added some vegetation to the cobbled base of the vignette. Next up will be the priming and painting stage of the project. I also intend to sculpt a name-plate for the vignette. Thanks for looking and cheers !

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  17. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic Kenneth.........Love the scene
  18. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kenneth, I like the composition a lot. I would do some work on the figure from the waist down. The legs also need some work as there is very little definition to the legs and he does not appear to have knees. The cushion on the chair does not appear to be reacting to the weight of the figure the way it should. I made this sketch so you can see what I'm talking about.

Kenneth you come up with some great compositions and these observations are in no way a personal attack on you or your work.
  19. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Thanks,Guy ! Cheers.
  20. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Gary,my dear friend,thank you very much for your positive comments and your insightful feedback with regards to my latest sculpt :lol: ! Your opinions are always valued and I really learn alot from great guys like yourself. Well,I took your advice and re-did the legs and cushion. I went with a pair of marching boots this time around as the trooper,a squadron sergeant-major,belonged to a dismounted Hussar unit and it seemed more appropriate. I also sculpted the name-plate of the vignette at the same time. So,what do you think of it ? I hope I'd solved the problem satisfactorily. Thanks for looking and cheers !

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]