1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Any Holy Grails that you are after...?

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Adrian Cowdry, Oct 27, 2014.

1. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    I would love to get my hands on the "all for the king's shilling" Series 77 vignette. If anybody knows the whereabouts of one please let me know.
  2. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  3. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    That is the beauty. Did it many years ago for a commission. Thanks for the info.
  4. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    You can have my painted version which got a silver award at Euro many moons ago,for a reasonable price
  5. Saxon New Member

Getting back into the hobby after a 10 year hiatus, can't believe so many superb models have come and gone in that time!
    Have been trying to track down a few fav's.
    Would love to find Imperial Gallery's 120mm Scots Grey Officer & the 95th Rifles, to add to my collection.
  6. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Hi
    Still looking for a Poste Militaire Blood Indian Bust......

Frank
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi guys

Always wanted this from Series 77 I think

Walter Plank ............YES I know I only do busts but he has only 1 leg!!!!!L

Remember seeing this on a Mil Modelling cover a while ago !

Nap

image.jpeg

PS Would also love "All for a Kings shilling" as well....Oh and also the Franz Doring Landsnecht as well !!!!!!!!
    DaddyO, oldtrousers and Edward like this.
  8. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    I would agree with that choice Nap. He is sort of my nemesis now except to the patch is on the wrong eye. I think we would have a fight on our hands if one of these ever appeared on eBay.
  9. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    But Nap it's got one leg, you will be doing two next.

Lol
  10. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    does anyone have an airfix joan of arc figure?
  11. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I've got that issue Nap - I'll bring it along for you at the Vikings show to drool over :D
    Paul
  12. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
    I got one in my stash. I also have a 1/16 resin version put out by Imai Japan. It comes with wood strips, nails, wood base and white metal parts to make it into a small vignette.

IMG_0003a.JPG IMG_0004a.JPG IMG_0006a.JPG IMG_0014b.JPG IMG_0009b.JPG
    napoleonpeart and oldtrousers like this.
  13. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Would you consider parting with it
  14. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England

I am currently applying my brush to Franz Dorning as I write. WIP teasers will be forthcoming shortly.
  15. Nap Moderator

England
    Bagelman ,

Okay he's got a leg ...........and you have Franz as well ....you tease ...lol

Suggest you PM Yellowcat ref Mr Plank .......sobbing profusely as I type ..

A bust I had , now can't find .......ATHENS MINIATURES SPARTAN

image.jpeg

Anyone ???????? In vain hope I have already put Carole into the pawn shop .......she looks good in the window ....LOL

Nap
  16. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States

Well Frank......If you have a chance to land this kit I would say go for it. I am working on this bust now and I can honestly say the quality of the sculpt and casting is impeccable. But it is not for the faint of heart as it is somewhat complex and not something that can be quickly knocked out. I don't think this kit will ever be reproduced again because of the detail and the amount of parts and casting difficulty. Who knows, I may be wrong. I just finished the Mandan and the quality is equal but not as difficult....Anyway, good luck.

Wayne
  17. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States

Well Frank......If you have a chance to land this kit I would say go for it. I am working on this bust now and I can honestly say the quality of the sculpt and casting is impeccable. But it is not for the faint of heart as it is somewhat complex and not something that can be quickly knocked out. I don't think this kit will ever be reproduced again because of the detail and the amount of parts and casting difficulty. Who knows, I may be wrong. I just finished the Mandan and the quality is equal but not as difficult....Anyway, good luck.

Wayne
  18. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Just hope Bonaparte will release it .
  19. Ray Stout Well-Known Member

Can anyone help me out sourcing this figure, I think it's an Art Gerona, or El Vego Dragon group that depicts Achillies in a 2 horse chariot dragging the body of Hector beneath the walls of Troy. As far as I remember, it's 54mm. Ray