1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Another newbie

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Berserker, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Berserker Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all

I was steered here by Napoleonpeart whom I met at the South West Model show at Bovington tank museum.

Very glad I joined. There is a wealth of knowledge on here which I hope will help me to increase my skill at creating better models.

I have slight trepidation on posting my completed models based on the skill levels shown, but I suppose the only way to improve is to have my failings pointed out so I can rectify them :) .

Cheers
    theBaron and oldtrousers like this.
  2. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome on board B - good to hear Kev was also drumming up business whilst sitting around eating jelly beans ;) (As well as painting some lovely busts)

Feel free to ask questions and do post pics when you get the chance, most are very helpful and if you ask for particular advice you will find lots of suggestions to help guide you.

Cheers
    Paul
    Berserker and napoleonpeart like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Berserker

Great to see you at Bovi and happy you joined our happy clan

If you need any help as Paul says do feel free to ask ...lots of helpful folk here all only too willing to share .

Nap

PS No idea what Paul is on about "eating jelly beans" ...too busy talking and looking ravishing for the ladies .......
    Berserker likes this.
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome Berserker! Are you interested in both sculpting & painting? What historical period(s)?

If you want to learn and improve - you've come to the right place.

All the best,
    Dan
  5. mick3272 A Fixture

Welcome.
    we dont have failings we just have slight improvements & the occasional cock up
    Mick
    Berserker likes this.
  6. Berserker Member

United-Kingdom

Hi Dan. Being a novice I'm doing any figure that takes my fancy at the moment. Mostly in 120mm 1/16 scale, but all military. Unfortunately I'm about as artistic as a rock so sculpting's out of my league. I've completed six figures to date so not sure whether to put one up every few days or just create an album.

Cheers
  7. swralph A Fixture

Hi Berserker and welcome to PF:).
    Don't worry about showing your completed kits as we all started somewhere.
    No one here is going to slate your work and by showing them people can help you in your journey of figure painting,
    All the best.
    Ralph.
  8. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome to the Planet, Berserker! Don't be shy about posting your work. Heck, I'm a toy soldier painter, and they let me in :D

I look forward to seeing your work!

Prost!
    Brad
    DaddyO likes this.
  9. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium