1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Another Looter

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Andrew Craft, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    Hi all,
    I started this one last night. Its all acrylics, the face is well under way but I do have a few highlights to add still.
    My flesh mix for this one (all Reaper acrylics):
    Base = Fair skin + creamy ivory 5:1
    Shadows = woodstain brown + clotted blood 3:1 (very diluted with water about dirty water consistency)
    Highlights = Fair skin + creamy ivory 2:1 (also very diluted)
    After each layer of highlight I use the shadow mix as a wash to help blend it all together and repeat until I'm happy with the blend.
    The freckles are just woodstain brown straight from the bottle splattered on with a toothbrush.
    Any comments or critique always welcome,

Thanks for looking in,
    Andrew.

Attached Files:

2. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Andrew, this is exactly what I needed for the bust I am working on as I use Reaper skintones exclusively for my fleshtone and I wanted a pale skintone for my current project.
  3. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice blending Andrew and very kind of you to give your recipe of mixes.
  4. Mariner Active Member

Canada
    I see now that I started off with a base mix that was far too dark on mine, Andrew. Looking at yours at this stage I see exactly where I made mistakes. Yours looks really good(y)
    thank you for posting this, it's very helpful.
    I'm going to start over:notworthy:
    Mary
  5. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    Thanks Matthew, I'm glad it helps.
    Thanks Grant, I don't normally take notice of my mixes but did on this one.
    Thanks Mary, glad you found it useful