1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Another Interesting Gem From Masterbox

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by yeo_64, Oct 21, 2014.

1. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    I was recently trolling the Web and discovered this interesting figure model kit from this online model vendor http://plastic-models-store.com/mas...,-Europe-WWII-1-35-Master-Box-35166-5027.html
    It's Master Box latest release in the modelling arena: an typical European lady with her specially designed female bicycle. As can be seen, the kit even includes photo etch details for the bicycle spokes and brakes. To me, however, the icing on the proverbial cake is the extremely detailed "Frau Muller" figure. The plastic casting is exceptionally crisp and the parts breakdown well-thought out. There is even a very detailed umbrella and handbag included in the set.
    All in all, a big Kudos is in order to Master Box for producing such a Beautiful figure kit for us to enjoy.
    By the way, if any one is keen to acquire a set, I can wholeheartedly recommend this online model store where I got this kit from: www.Plastic-Models-Store.com
    Their product range is exceptionally good and the prices are very competitive. What's more, they provide a tracking number for all purchases at no extra cost, a rarity in this day and age. Cheers!
    Kenneth.
    blaster and Tecumsea like this.
  2. mcsnead17 Member

United-States
    is this figure alright for a person who has never used photo-etch parts ?
  3. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    You would need very good lighting to work on the bicycle spokes, seriously.
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Personally, I think it would be a very good introduction to using photo-etch parts since these are mainly confined to the bicycle itself. Victor (blaster) is right though; some of the parts are really tiny (especially the "hood ornament" on the front wheel fender of the bicycle), so good lighting, a good Optivisor and a decent set of tweezers will help greatly here :LOL:.
    The "Frau Muller" figure parts itself is completely in plastic, so no problems there (y). Hope this helps to clarify things somewhat ;).
    Cheers!
    Kenneth.