1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Another Good 3d Print Co

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by darkeye, Aug 20, 2012.

1. darkeye Member

United-Kingdom
    plus you could by then simply print copies rather than mold which is getting very expensive specially in larger scales like 1/6th ect. the ABS spools seem reasonably priced but i guess we dont know how many are needed for each scale we may want to print; would only come with experience and ownership of a printer....

atb --tim
  2. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Prints would still be too expensive and fragile to just sell I think. Most of the highest end stuff I've seen prints in wax extrusions anyway. I think that is the best detail,,,, although I'm not absolutely positive on that score,,, and hopefully someone more knowlegable will chime in.
    The wax prints I've seen measure layer thickness by microns and detail in the same way. That is going to give you some very detailed little people, but the wax prototype wouldn't be much used to someone who wants to paint them and add them to their diorama or layout.
  3. darkeye Member

United-Kingdom
    no but to a kit producer, wax would be mold friendly though. wonder if any companies are doing solid wax prints?? .... I think eventually you may be able to sell solid plastic/abs figs once prices level out. we've all seen the new games console dive from say 500 to 99 plus a free game...... fingers crossed on 3 d printers. :)

atb-- tim :)
  4. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    I've got mine crossed :)
  5. darkeye Member

United-Kingdom
    sadly only one winner yesterday who scooped £37 Million but hasnt claimed it! :) must be in shock! ..... me, i'd be camped on Camelot's(lotto operator) door then Objet's..... lol.

atb --tim :)
  6. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    I occasional buy a ticket. It helps me fantasize for a moment about having enough money to actually do something :)
  7. darkeye Member

United-Kingdom
    yeah, me too but i guess its hard studies and making stuff for us. i am hoping to finish something soon. do you ever stuggle for a subject? i often do same with Traditional too... :)

atb --tim
  8. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Tim,,,, there's too much going through my head. My problem is deciding on which idea I want to execute and then not to stray off target. I think I have ADS or something. I never run out of ideas,,, that's not to say they are good ideas, but I figure if it amuzes me then I really don't care... You don't suppose that is why I am so broke all the time do you? ;0
  9. darkeye Member

United-Kingdom
    lol, couldnt say mate. i just know i am broke at present and have lots of clays glaring at me demanding to know why i have not given em a silicone bath! :)

did finish the dalek though and ran it through Netfabb. its all gravy and ready to print. keeps shouting Exterminate..... very annoying.... :) !

atb --tim
    RKapuaala likes this.