1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Acrylics Another german tanker WIP

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by e-junkie, Jan 23, 2011.

1. e-junkie Member

United-States
    Hi planeteers; here's what I'm currently working on, my first serious attempt at "black" so far (which in fact isn't very black, but whatever).
    This guy is still from Nemrod like the radio op' I did last month. Here are the pics; they are a bit blurred, I'll try to take better pics next time.

Cheers
    e-j

DSC05623-crop.jpg DSC05619-crop.JPG DSC05626-crop.JPG DSC05628-crop.JPG
    sarouman, pmfs and gordy like this.
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great start Florent! (y)
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Excellent Florent. May I suggest that you darken your deepest shadow colour to almost pure black and concentrate on those parts of the uniform that are not exposed to direct sunlight (ie, under the arms and under the lapels).
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Looks cool Florent.:)
  5. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
  6. e-junkie Member

United-States
    Thx guys for your encouraging posts ;) Good suggestion Tony; I'll certainly work the jacket a bit more to get closer to black.

Cheers
    e-j