1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Another German Grenadier

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by homellop, May 6, 2004.

1. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Thanks Olly.
    Sorry,the figure comes from PanzerMeyer,Mariupol 1941.

Attached Files:

2. homellop Active Member

Spain
    :)

Attached Files:

3. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Jaume,

Como siempre consigues crear en mi una envidia sana que me hace pensar que cuando sea mayor (en ésto de las figuras) quiera pintar como tu.

Un trabajo excelente. Gracias por compartirlo.

Rafa
  4. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jaume, Very nice my friend. The camouflage looks excellent.~Gary
  5. Emmanuel Malle New Member

"I hate palmenmuster"

Huh, have someone here already seen a Waffen SS soldier (in 1/35th) with this type of jacket's camo? According to me, the only one I've seen before was indeed a Jaume's fig! (walking soldier with rifle in his hand according to my memory) I think most of german fig's modellers (at least for me) prefer an oak leaf pattern to paint than the palm tree pattern. This is not impossible (because I can see the Jaume's picture!!) but I'm convinced it's a terrific challenge!
  6. Manfred Active Member

Even though you hate it, the Muster(pattern) comes along very convincing.

Haven't seen many done (y)
  7. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Jaume,

EXCELLENT painting!!! Show us more please!
  8. zyclyon Active Member

Singapore
    Hola Jaume,

I can understand your anguish for this pattern. I nearly checked myself into a mental home painting this scheme on 1/9 bust four years back!
    Now you have done the unimaginable by trying to paint the full pattern in 1/35!!! :eek:
    My respects to you! On behalf of all modellers out there, I pray that you can complete this magnificent feat soon and keep your sanity in the process!!!
    (y)

Calvin
  9. johnbrewer New Member

Oh, WOW. What a excellent piece of painting. Jaume you have stolen my heart again
  10. johnnyboy New Member

hi jaume i have to say very awsome and always look foward to seeing your models.you are def one of my favorite painters man.if you could do more how tos that would be so great.thanks for sharing your work its exellent johnnyboy.
  11. Edson Member

Mexico
    Gran trabajo en verdad Jaume impresionante :eek: , ahora unas preguntillas, que colores usas para ls camuflajes? Tamiya? vallejo? Gunze? y cuales son sus nombres, por que tengo una figuras de dragon en 1/35 listas para empezar a praticar el camo, pero me cuesta trabajo encontrar cual tono corresponde, podrias decirme tu con cuales pintas?

De antemano gracias
    Edson :)
  12. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi Folks
    Thanks for the nice comments.
    Edson.The camo it's painted with Vallejo's.
    Colours are SS camo.bright green,saddle brown and SScamo.black brown.
    The green is higlighted with sky grey,the saddle brown and black brown with basic skintone.
    Once painted the pattern some washes of black brown were applied and then every colour was highlighted.
    hth

jaume
  13. Edson Member

Mexico
    Thank you very much Jaume

Cheers
    Ed :)
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    It amazes me what you can do with a brush Jaume...........the camo is super fantastic (y)
  15. johnnyboy New Member

hi jaume i dont know about anybody else but i am waiting anxiously to see how this figure has come out and what you are workin on next.thanks johnnyboy
  16. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    Wow, those colors are perfectly in scale and the right shade (at least to my eye). That's hard to do when you juxtapose three or more colors next to each other!
  17. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi Folks
    I'm near to finish this guy.Some more work on the trousers and to fix some details as well as paint the MP
    Hope you like it

[IMG]

[IMG]
  18. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Jaume......thanks for sharing with us.
  19. Larry R New Member

20. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jaume, That smoke is fantastic.~Gary