WIP Critique Another 2 busts.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by brian, Aug 13, 2018.

1. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I'm working on the ugly Man at Arms and have a fair bit to do yet.His facial hair has caused me a few problems,and this is my third attempt.It's just underpainted at the moment.I've also got the shield to do.
    The other wee bust, i painted ages ago,but could never get a decent picture of him.
    After i take pictures i always feel deflated ,as they never give a true representation of how they really look.
    c'est la vie.

Might get the wee fella a base now.

DSC07896-001.JPG DSC07903.JPG DSC07902.JPG DSC07904-001.JPG
  2. Mike Stevens A Fixture

United-States
    Very Nice work Brian.
    brian likes this.
  3. lespauljames Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Really nice work Brian love the skintones, and the leatherwork on the second bust. my only quibble might be the hair on the first bust could do with a little more depth.
    brian likes this.
  4. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Yep,i'll be adding more contrasts ,as i've only got the highlights done so far.
  5. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Geez "Ugly" is an understatement mate!
    Neat progress & in your box seat.
    Thought of you when I saw little night watchman with the well "soaked" nose yesterday too ;-)
    Gotta be one for your character skills.
    -MjB
    brian likes this.
  6. theopaone Member

United-States
    Who are you calling ugly?

Great skin tones on both. Love the blue/silver armor on the Man at Arms and the black on the other bust.

Ted
  7. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice work on both of them Brian.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    brian likes this.
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
  9. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I know what you mean Brian, my figures look really good when I have painted them but in a photo, they look crap, mind you I don't always wear my reading glasses either.
    I like the wee fella, excellent painting and yes, I have my reading glasses on. :happy:
    brian likes this.
  10. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    It's better than the other way round,crap figures and cracking pictures:ROFLMAO:
    Viking Bob likes this.
  11. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Why worry about what other people think, when the bottom line is what you think?.....Personally, I think they look good. They won't make you famous....but they look good.

Wayne
    brian and Viking Bob like this.
  12. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Wayne
    I never worry what other people think,but it's nice to get feedback from your peers.I personally think that although i enjoy painting with a passion,my stuff is not what it should be.What do you mean "i'm not famous"? Just ask the other guys who Supersnad is.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    Viking Bob likes this.
  13. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    I knew you were famous Brian....I just try to generalize my opinion....Don't worry; your legend is intact..:).

Wayne:)
    brian likes this.
  14. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I was only having a laugh Wayne, as i think i'm more infamous than famous, and more of a leg end than a legend.I know where you're coming from and agree that the basics of our hobby is first and foremost to be pleased with your own stuff.
  15. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    I know Brian.....sometimes you just have to roll with it....I wish more people would learn to do that...….
    brian likes this.