1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Anne Bonny (Female Pirate)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by TURKOGLU, May 8, 2010.

1. TURKOGLU Active Member

Turkey
    Hı, My latest W.İ.P. this romeo 75 mm figure. Face paintings is done. All face paintings acrylics. I hope you lıke it.
    See later other part of W.İ.P.

Attached Files:

2. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    I would ask her out because of her natural boobs. I wouldn't ask her out because of her overly mature face.

Isn't it a rule of thumb to de-shade when painting a girl's face? For example, the character lines that develop sideways from the nose should be illustrated, but I question the strength and length of the shading, which in this case makes me not want to ask her out.

On the other hand the boobs are totally alive. It is our civic duty as figure modellers to highlight and shade them the hardest we can.
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Nice work. I worry about Michael, I know we love our figure painting, but I do think there's a line.
    Carl.
  4. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Very nice,
    Cheers
    John
  5. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Well Metin i remember when i first got this figure on my hands i was amazed by the quality of the sculpting. I m waiting forward to your version. Great work so far, so keep us posted.
  6. TURKOGLU Active Member

Turkey
    Carl, John thanks for comments.............
  7. TURKOGLU Active Member

Turkey
    Dimitrios, I agree your comment about figure. I'm glad you lıke it.
    I'll post other phase of my W.İ.P.
  8. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Metin , nice work , this is a figure i also have in line to paint . Good luck with the rest

Costas
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I like what you have done so far Metin. I think this is how a "real" female pirate would look. The Hollywood versions look nice but yours looks a lot more authentic.

Would I ask her out Michael? Depends how drunk I was! :D

Roger.
  10. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Dont worry about me. If I have to be explectly clear about this, well it is just a way of saying that I think the boobs were nicely done but the character lines were a little excessive considering the general aim of youthfulness and attractiveness when it comes to painting girl kits.

I think that Andrea' Miniature's box arts for pin up line will be coherent with my point.

If my mentioning of boobs is out of place, or the thought of asking a white metal kit out is too disturbing, I happily express my apology.

Basically, I would acknowledge the fact that character lines are sculpted, and I would bring it out. But once past the mid point of the "dark" lines shown here in the pictures, I would use the first degree highlight right below this "dark" line to join it, and eventually cover the remaining part of it towards the end. As a result, the character line starts as a contrast between "dark" and primary colour, and transforms into a contrast between first degree high light and the primary colour.
  11. ATTİLA the HUN Well-Known Member

Turkey
    Metin, my friend great start. I lıke your flesh tones.
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice work.
    The line between and under the breast is to hard. Maybe you can soften it a bit to look more natural.

Marc
  13. Graywolf Active Member

Turkey
    Very nice start my friend.keep us posted.
  14. tonyhp Active Member

Italy
    Good start and Good luck with the rest. I wait to see it finished
    Tony
  15. TURKOGLU Active Member

Turkey
    Thanks to All friends for comments.