1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

For Sale Angus McBride Frodo figure with Bag End Door (unpainted resin)

Discussion in 'Market & Commissions' started by vorennaal, Mar 22, 2016.

1. vorennaal Member

Dear Visitors,

Frodo bust (based on the concept art by Angus McBride) with Bag End Door (unpainted resin)
    Kit contains: Frodo figure - Front door - lantern with chase
    Bag End Front door (studded) is 100% accurate, each stud is in the right place.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Frodo resin - miniature (85mm) inspired by the art of Angus McBride
    Height: 85mm (3,34 inches)
    Weight: 60 grams
    - Bag End Door
    Height: 120mm (4,72 inches)
    Weight: 210 grams
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Price: US $25.00
    Freight: $10.00
    Payment: PayPal
    Posts to: Europe (8-10 days/priority mail international) - USA/Asia/Canada/Japan/Australia etc. (10-15 days)
    Web: http://www.vargamuhely.com/frodo/index.html
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/Varga-Workshop-282162405178685/?ref=hl
    Email: bravestarzole@gmail.com

2.JPG DSC01894b.jpg DSC01902b.jpg DSC01904b.jpg DSC01909b.jpg
    DSC00535.jpg Hobbiton-New-Zealand_1-1024x682.jpg
    pgarri27, John Bowery, balder and 2 others like this.
  2. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Not my usual choice, but I'm quite tempted . . . :)
    vorennaal likes this.
  3. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    vorennaal likes this.
  4. vorennaal Member

pgarri27 and gforceman like this.
  5. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    hi is the figure able to come off that base ?
  6. vorennaal Member

Yes. Yoda can separate or come off their base.

DSC02100.JPG
    DSC02101.JPG DSC02103.JPG DSC02104.JPG DSC02106.JPG
  7. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    sorry i did mean the frodo piece thanks
    vorennaal likes this.
  8. vorennaal Member

Yes, you can separate it from the door. Kit contains separate Frodo figure - Front door - lantern with chase. Very nice kit...I mean...If I could say that...I like it very much! :D
  9. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Just ordered mine.
    Cheers
    John
    vorennaal likes this.
  10. vorennaal Member

Mr John Bowery, is that you? :) Thank You John, package has been dispatched. Have you received my ebay message?
    John Bowery likes this.
  11. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    I ordered one off ebay Tuesday night. I'm looking forward to working on this gem of a kit.
    Gerald
    vorennaal likes this.
  12. Andre Active Member

New_Zealand
    I love Angus McBrides artwork, will look into getting the "boss" (as in wife....) to let me spend some money :)
    Cant wait to see a painted version of this :)

Slainte,

Andy
    vorennaal likes this.
  13. vorennaal Member

Thank You Gerald, package dispatched. ;)
  14. vorennaal Member

Me too. I mean Angus McBrides artworks are always superb and will be forever! Wish to get one? Sounds great but It's Friday, so I can only post next week. ;) (Next Monday will be Whitsun....what means bank holiday in Hungary)
  15. tock24 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    We still don't know if Frodo is separate from the base! Important detail methinks!
    BR
    Ian
  16. vorennaal Member

Dear Ian, thank You. What you see in the picture is what you get. Frodo seprate from the door, but not separate from it's own stand. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to attach Frodo to the door. Not to mention in this case the door itself the base. Frodo has it's own stand. But you can not separate Frodo from his stand. :)

[IMG]
    tock24 likes this.
  17. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Ian,
    Just saw Frodo of off the base with either a sharp Xacto knife or Jewellers saw. Should be an easy thing if you are carefull and respect the resin. If you don't want the square base at all then cut him off by using sprue cutters around the feet and then grinding down the stubs. Or just make the square a part of the walk to the front door.
    Cheers,
    John
    tock24 and vorennaal like this.
  18. itfigures New Member

For those not sure whether to buy from vorennaal or not, I bought the Yoda and an ewok kit from him several months ago. The kits were great sculpts, cast well (usual seam clean up) posted and packed very well (although not in boxes) and quite fast (to here in Australia). I was very impressed with the kits and would buy again (even thinking about this new sculpt).
    Im not associated with him at all, just impressed with what I got that's all.
    Ben
    vorennaal likes this.
  19. vorennaal Member

Thank You Ben. You are right, when I started my carrier, I had no boxes. :D So I dispatched your Yoda/ewok in bubble wrap , but it was packed well. Since that time I have improved my packing System. Every single item has it's own cardboar package (with bubble wrap inside). But you are right, when I started my carrier, I had no boxes. It happend long time ago. :D You may not see this yet. Ciné-figurines did the paintjob. I was (and still I am) amazed, when I received these pictures.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  20. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    This is not my sort of thing , but I must say that the sculpting is top notch and the prices are very good , I hope you do well .
    chippy
    vorennaal likes this.