1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Andy's Cossack

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Martin Antonenko, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks mates!!! :):):)

---------------------------------------------

60. Day, 22. January 2014

And now to the detail that I have not painted yesterday ... :

The Cossacks ( and other contemporaries, who used such kaftans ), sat on horseback on this coat, which indeed had no slit at the back.

In order to ensure that for the thighs were still covered , these kaftans had at both sides a little slot ... :
    [IMG]

In kaftans for more affluent or rich , there was a special detail:The side slits could be closed with snaps from cord or strand at the foot service , the number of such closures ranged from one per slot ...

[IMG]

[IMG]

Up to three ... !

[IMG]
    On most available of my templates, these slots have two locks ... :

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

This Little details I had recommended to Andy - and he has these things also sculpted.
    Color and equipment of these closures were due solely to the tastes of the kaftan wearer.

I have decided to lock cords in " silver " (as the closure lace on the chest ) to paint the surrounding tresses turn green.

These colors I have used ... :

[IMG]

And so it has become, and I painted the locks " shimmering " and the Buttons ​​in "Full Metal"...:

[IMG]
    Borek and ChaosCossack like this.
  2. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    61. Day, 23. January 2014

Today I started painting the other side of the caftan...:

[IMG]

Since I intend something very important tomorrow, it goes on here next week ...
  3. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    62. Day, 27. January 2014

I continue with painting the kaftan - up to the side seam it is done ...:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Borek and billyturnip like this.
  4. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Well it goes. A great example of great and educative sbs. I would like to learn to paint with acrylics, and these are exactly those articles that its descriptiveness can maximize the possibility of absorbing information and learning practices. Great... and thanks:);)(y) . Cheers Borek
  5. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I am terribly sorry, fabulous SBS and alot of usefull stuff.

I honestly don't get it how you can use not only completely different outfits, but from a different nationalities and different periods as a reference for Cossak zhupan or whatever it is intended to represent (ie Russian Boyars or Moscow Streltsy - as you illustrated earlier)
    when there are so many good accurate reconstructions and illustrations about.

I am so curious to see what references you provided to the sculptor...
  6. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Gaudin

In the images I showed above I felt only the fact that these coats had no slot on the back but two small slits on the side.

@all:
    Thanks! :)

Cheers
  7. fabrizio1969 A Fixture

Italy
  8. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks Fabrizio!

Cheers
  9. moore Active Member

United-States
    Martin
    Thank you for this SBS.
    I was just thinking of purchasing this kit.
    Your doing a beautiful job.
    Cannot wait to see it finished.

Dee
  10. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Many thanks even to you, Dee! :)

Cheers
  11. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    63. Day, 28. January 2014

I really wanted to finish painting the caftan today - as far as he will be seen later.

It remained at the "Want" - and I had started...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Then I noticed that the little slot on this site - with the skirting tresses - has not come out of the mold properly.

This means: Color back down, resculpt and reprime....

The day after tomorrow.
    Borek likes this.
  12. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    64 Day 30 January 2014

First step: The rear part caftan is decolorized clean with isopropyl alcohol and brush.

Second step: The missing tresses are then modeled. That's what I tiny strip of "masking tape" (masking tape) made ​​- I have previously doubled to get the necessary three-dimensionality.

Third step: The figure is carefully taped and the rear Kaftan newly primed with the spray can.

Here's what it looks like now ...:

[IMG]
  13. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    65. Day, 31. January 2014

Thus, the Kaftan I've painted over - more "around the back" it is not necessary, for the sheepskin coat will later cover everything.

The lights and shadows already taken into account that on the side will still hang a sabre, and a long pistol and a dagger are stuck in the sash ...

So much for today.

[IMG]
  14. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    66 Day , third February 2014
    Now there are some details of the painting list , which are on the figure not perceive properly later , but yet can imagine . Therefore, they are painted , even if the sheepskin coat will cover much later .
    I started today with the saber hanger , so the two leather straps that were attached to the belt and is followed later hang the sword of our Cossacks .
    This one perceives the two straps at all , I have with these colors ...
    [IMG]
    ...painted quite bright .
    The silver fittings were - as with all silver metal parts on this figure with ...
    [IMG]
    ...painted.
    So it looks like now ... :
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    ChaosCossack and Borek like this.
  15. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Great job Martin(y) . I'm too impatient, I'd like to see it completed work:woot: , but I have respect for your precision, patience, prudence and diligence with which you go. I follow you thread continues and I am trying to learn. Thank you:) . Cheers Borek
  16. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks Borek and Colin!!!

----------------------------------

67 Day, 5 February 2014

Matching with the broad and relatively bright shoulder today I have painted today the second leather bag that drags our Cossack around with him.

I have used this colors...:

[IMG]

This bag will to be seen later on only with the front side and a small part of the topfor the sheepskin coat will hide the rest.

Actually, it would therefore actually required at the rear of any color - I did it but still made​​.

One more step ...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  17. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    That leather colour works very well... I may have to steal it for the cossacks I am working on.

Colin
  18. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Have fun with this mix, Colin!

Cheers
  19. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    68. Day, 6. February 2014

Today I have the side Slot at the caftan together with cord locks and my homemade tresses.

For the tresses I used these colors ...:

[IMG]

For the cords these colors ...:

[IMG]

When I now look at the whole "picture", I think the rework of the tresses with masking tape was really the right decision ...:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  20. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    69. Day, 7. February 2014

With a bit of sadness I have painted finish the Tresses of the Kaftens today.

Again, these colors were used ...:

[IMG]

The outlining of the braids I have a mix of "Prussian Dark Blue" and Black made ​​...

Now the beautiful blue coat is finished - and find modesty, that he makes a nice picture with the green tresses.

[IMG]

[IMG]

On the back I have the Kaftan - against subsequent "insight" - just a little dark blue painted, as you can see on the pics.

Next week I turn again to the further detailing of the figure, there's still plenty to do ...