Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Martin Rohmann, Oct 15, 2013.
Sorry -my bad english, Colin. It's a s small ball...
Thanx Martin, understood
9. Day, 25. October 2013
Upper and lower body are plastered today, and I've taken the liberty of refine the lateral parts of the sash of our Cossack little bit...:
Next week it will work further on, here.
Nice weekend to You all…
10. Day, 28. October 2013
The most difficult part of the assembling is now!
The arms and the gun are to be mounted.
For dummies (like me!) Andy has to both arms attached different pins for mounting …:
Therefore I do not use extra pins.
First I wanted to mount both arms and at last “threading” the gun, which did not work!
However, the three components must be mounted simultaneously .
And I have probably done something wrong , because while the left arm and the rifle fit exactly, at the right arm of the figure problem.
Otherwise it was not possible for me to assemble the gun without bending and tension-free and suitable for the purpose intended fits on the forearms .
I do not want to push that to Andy - that was definitely my fault.
And tomorrow when the glue is properly harded , I'll rework with " Mulliput " .
You do not like such a rework ? I love it - figure hobby is for me not even painting ...
Starting to look like a cossack
Always a problem trying to get 4 pieces to work together... 2 arms, body and weapon.
Have fun my friend
11. Day, 29 October 2013
Well - mistakes ironed out!
Arm and shoulder of the right arm are re-sculpted with all the wrinkles and stitches ...:
Looking real good mate. Very nice. Its on my wish list
That all came together well... Good job
Thx again, Colin!
12. Day, 31. October 2013
The other arm is plastered - with stitches and wrinkles...:
I have also drilled the head ...
...and cleaned it in an ultrasonic bath ...:
Then the whole thing is fixed with a toothpick to a “working block”. For that I take different adhesives:
The connection toothpick/working block (a disused syringe) I do with superglue, which the best stuff for something like that.
The connection head/toothpick after painting so I will get back from, so I did it with ran "UHU Alleskleber".
After that, the head is primed with "Army Painter grey" ...:
Always a nice moment when everything is basecoated and ready to be painted!
13. Day, 1, November 2013
To this workshop I had taken the head of my little Cossack .
When I had just started to make the first brush strokes , Markus looked over my shoulder and said:
" Come on, I'll reculpt once the eyes... "
Said and done :
After that (20 minutes) my little Cossack looked like this... :
The panting of the eyes was now much easy...:
Then I started with the skin-painting...
...until Markus looked over my shoulder again :
" No, he 's become much too pale ! That's an outdoorsman who is outside all day. So you have to bring a lot more purely contrasts!"
That's what I did then.
At the end of the first day of the workshop my little Cossack head looked like this... :
14. Day, 2. November 2013
On the second day of the workshop I have more painted onthe face until it looked like this ...:
Quite decent - but still far from the optimum.!
Because after that a friend explained to me how to further refine a face with oil paints.
The effect is really convincing! The oil colors "shine" quite more than the acrylics and the transitions can be represented thinner and finer.
At the end of the second workshop day my Cossack head looked like this ...:
First of all: Thank You, Colin and Andy!
15. Day, 3. November 2013
For my flight from Munich started at 21:35 in the evening , I could also use the third and final day of the workshop almost full for painting.
With these colors ...
...I have painted the golden earrings of the Cossack ...:
...and at last the fur parts of the Kolpak cap.
In this status I'took the Cossacks head back home .... :
For the the whole head I used these colors :
And the flight to Bremen the little head also survived without any damage... :
I am very happy with this head , which I would certainly not have succeeded without the workshop !
Just the anticipation that the figure is times have a head is a tremendous motivation for further work .
I must say what an informative SBS so far ,and what a cracking figure , the detail is excellent which I feel will lend itself to a wonderful paint job , really am looking forward to watching this develop , this has brightened up a rather wet day in Wiltshire ,thank you for sharing a very inspiring thread
Thanks a lot, Chris!
Somehow I missed the start of this thread, but you have my attention now! Thanks for sharing your methods/techniques on this new project. I'll be following henceforth!
Nice to meet You here - have fun!
16. Day, 7. November 2013
After so many paonting of the head back to the "rest" of the figure!
It now needs a belt part - and Andy has the kit enclosed with a large piece of lead foil.
The piece is quickly cut off with a scalpel and mounted.
Separation from the already sculpted belt part I have not tro fill because it is obscured by the cords hanging down of the shell clasps.
For this, also a small part to the figure is added - but I have taken the liberty to make the two pieces of "Milliput" - they just hang more realistic..:
So - in this state my little Cossack may now harden properly - then it will be washed, mounted on the working block and primed.
And then I will go to paint it.
Looking great its a great pose ,looking forward to seeing the paint go on .
Martin, you do have a good eye for the small details
Separate names with a comma.