Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Martin Rohmann, Oct 15, 2013.
Looks great Martin !
Awesome Martin! Thanks a lot!
For once in my life I am speechless .....
this is an amazing piece of work .......
superbly researched and modellied ....
painting awesome ......
its a brilliant base as well ...
from the top to the bottom you have created a true masterpiece .
You are an artist Martin
Many Many THANKS for this SBS .
Not commented on this thread so far because everyone else has been using all the words of praise imaginable. I have been following the progress and feel now is the time to comment. AWESOME. Thank you
First of all: Thanks mates!
110. Day, 20. April 2014
Our friend has just moved into his "area" ...:
Thus, we now turn to the final Gimmick - tomorrow.
111. Day , 21. April 2014
Andy has already attached to the figure, a nice gimmick , a Tatar helmet....:
However, I have decided to individualize my Cossack a bit further - and want to put him a broken Tatar horsetail banner to his feet.
These things are very imaginative shown in different pictures ... :
This picture comes much closer ... :
The template corresponds almost exactly to the originals , which are safeguards in the former Khan's Palace of the old Tartar capital Bachtschisseraj in the Crimea ... :
Such a banner I want to build - the " recipe " is ready :
A wooden stick some " Milliput ", a bit of gold paper and seal hemp from the store.
If you look at the photo with the originals , it can be seen that the consist of five components:
First of all, even the bar of the banner - as you can see , they were different in thickness. Up on the top of the pole there is a metal ball - probably made of brass. Under the ball of the upper part of the rod with tooled metal is fogged .
To the top of the metal fitting is a piece of fur wrapped .
Under the skin is then located the horse's tail , the actual command sign .
Here again the picture ... :
I'm starting today with sculptingl the ball and the metal fittings of the bar.
I think this is a good start ... :
Just when I thought it was all over..........a little surprise !
112. Day, 22. April 2014
Looking close at the pictures of the horses tail-standards, one realizes that were wrapped under the ball fur strips around the rod, under which, in turn, individual tassels were fixed of horse hair.
Something like this must show my little copy of such a banner of course too!
The fur strips are made with Milliput, the horse hair tassels of fine wire ....:
The tassels I mount right now nor turned out, because I still have to paint the banner later.
Also, I noticed on the picture above, that at one of the Standards has a metal mount, probably to fasten a shoulder belt for carrying there. This Detail I added to my banner, too.
A lot of effort for a gimmick that will later lay only in the dirt at the feet of my Cossack.
But things like make a great fun for me...:
113. Day, 23. April 2014
Today, the standard is primed ...
... and then painted!
Metal parts with these colors ...:
The strips of hide and horse hair tassels hereby...:
...and the support bar with these colors ...:
So it has become ...:
"Correct" lights and shadows I will give the part when it is installed on the base.
114. Day, 24. April 2014
Now get my horsetail Standard the most important detail: the horse's tail!
"Horse's tail" I make with hemp seal...:
I have dyed black with acrylic paint (quite a mess).
So my finished script now looks like ...:
And if I compare with the original parts ...
...I thinkk my miniature replica comes pretty close to them...:
And thge scale? : It fits, too!
Tomorrow I will go off quite early to the "Herzog von Bayern" at Ingolstadt - and afterwards I have to"break" the banner, to mount it on the base - and to paint the piece to refine it with light and shadows a bit...
115. Day , 28. April 2014
Freshly motivated by the great characters I 've seen at "herzog von Bayern" competition in Ingolstadt, it now goes to the final work on my Cossack.
The horse's tail -Standarte was broken and mounted on the base .
Then I have the breaking point of the bar with these colors ...
...painted as " bright " or " fresh" Hoz .
Next step was to put on the rod the right lights - with these colors ... :
Then the metal parts got their lights ... :
Then I have the horse hair worked out a little plastic . They were - always becoming lighter - " brushed " with a mixture of these colors ... :
The same I still have - with these colors ...
...done with the horse hair tassels.
So it looks now ... :
And now, after 105 days, I 'm ready!
In the coming days I will try to make some nice pictures of the whole and to deliver.
Thanks to all of you !
Its over,but it has been one heck of a journey and have enjoyed your commentary every step of the way.
Hope, we can do another project together, soon!
Final presentation here...:
You did a super job Martin, and following your thread was a pleasurable ride! Almost hate to see the end because I've got a feeling we will not see much of you and your projects. Back to work on the classic car !
Separate names with a comma.