1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Andrea's Violinist

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by JGREEN, Aug 10, 2012.

1. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Hi guys,

I'm happy to show you some pics of my latest. If I can say it without sounding too self-congratulatory, I'm very pleased with how he turned out. This was something totally different for me. What started as an exercise in value control, and me wondering if I could pull off a black and white figure, turned in to, I think, one of the better things I've ever done. This sculpt has so much emotion, and I tried to bring that out. The whole thing, with the exception of the violin, was painted using only six vallejo colors. Hope you like it, and thanks for looking!

Jason

violinist finished 008.JPG violinist finished 007.JPG violinist finished 002.JPG violinist finished 003.JPG violinist finished 004.JPG violinist finished 006.JPG
    sd0324, Jamie Stokes, pmfs and 22 others like this.
  2. Konstantin A Fixture

Ukraine
    I like it a lot - really very emotional.
  3. Ferris A Fixture

You can be rightly proud of this Jason, it's fantastic!

Adrian
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Stunning Jason.
    Carl.(y)
  5. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Absolutely stunning Jason.The best i've seen painted of this little guy.The monochrome painting of the figure and then a splash of colour in the violin and the wee dog is spectactular and something totally different from the usual stuff.If i was going to buy somebody elses figure this would be the one.
    Now could that be done in oils i ask myself?
    Brian
  6. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Nice Jason - can you tell us what paints you used for the B&W? Is it a black paint set or did you pull them from your paint box? The reason I ask is that the photos almost have a hint of a sepia tone. I bought a 90mm Andrea Napoleon 1814 at Fontainbleu and my wife wants me to paint him 100% sepia to match a print of the same pose on our wall. Haven't had the nerve to try.

Cheers

Colin
  7. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thats exceptional, the colour on the violin reminds me of the scene in Schindlers List with the little girl in red, it evokes emotion and thought, drags your eye to it. Your transitions for the B&W are spot on. Great work
    Ben
  8. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Thank you Konstantin, Adrian, Carl, Brian, Colin, and Ben!

Colin - good eye! I definitely went for a warm tone to my black & white. Next time I do this sort of thing, I think I'll attempt to do Sepia tone. The colors I used here were black, white, bright orange, sunny skintone, english uniform, and chocolate brown.

Jason
  9. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Absolutely wonderful piece
  10. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Well done Jason. Perfectly executed. Can't wait to see this one in person.
  11. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    You should bring it with you next time you are in town. I'd love to hold it and look at it closely.
    Aveleira likes this.
  12. DaveG Active Member

United-States
    I like him in black and white very much. Very impressive finish, Jason.
  13. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Thank you Bagelman, Mike, Mike, and Dave!

Meehan - that's what she said!

Jason
    Meehan34 likes this.
  14. DaveG Active Member

United-States

:ROFLMAO:

Was hoping you'd say something like that.......
  15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Another stunner Jason.
    Like the way he turned out....

Marc
  16. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    It is quite exceptional. Very artistic approach. I must say also, it is very inspirational. I may try something similar in the future. Hopefully I will see it in person someday.
  17. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Absolutely brilliant, possible one of the best pieces I've seen on PF for awhile. well done and what an insperation.
    Les
  18. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Thank you Marc, Piotr, and Les!

Jason
  19. Iguazzu A Fixture

Spain
    Just the idea is BEAUTIFUL. Very nice and dramatic. The technique is very good too. Congrats for that inspiring piece!
  20. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Have to agree with all the above comments Jason, a very fine piece of work.

Cheers David