1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Andrea's Templar Sergeant c. 1150 AD

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Aveleira, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    On the rush to buy a new figure, after completed the last one, I forgot that I had here waiting for me one of the january releases from Andrea Miniatures. It is a Templar Sergeant. I had intentions to do a review&open box but it slipped my mind.

Meanwhile I can tell that the figure is very well sculped, nice details, the spear is an aluminium tube, the inside of the shield has the wood carved unlike the other figures from andrea that I built and the flag is made of paper. Comparing to the other andrea kits I've seen this is the best. Little seam lines, very very nice dryfit. Well great figure and I'm very satisfied with it. Another crusader to my little collection. Oh by the way, this guy is big.
    Pic of the art box:
    sm-f61_vplr.jpg

I've already glued the figure to the base along with pieces that can be fixed now and primed it and the others parts. So it's ready to paint! Can't wait :D wish me luck

Untitled.jpg

Cheers

Pedro
    tbolt7, Mike S., mark761214 and 2 others like this.
  2. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    the figure looks good ,one small point though if the chain mail was ripped at the knee as it shows that would have taken a heavy blow and he would no longer be standing ,doesn't take much on the knee to put someone down, damage like that on mail would make a terrible wound.
  3. renarts Active Member

United-States
    Not necessarily Ron. I'm constantly making repairs on my hauberk where rings have popped because of rivet failure. Places like the ball of the shoulder socket, the elbows, especially the left side where a shield keeps rubbing against the mail at the elbow, hip or thigh. I've taken a few glancing blows that opened up a row of rings from lance and never left a scratch. And sword hits have surprised me where they've popped rings.
    That being said, it might be interesting to show a wound there at the knee, especially considering the stance and pose looks like he might be leaning on the banner pole and taking his weight off that leg.
  4. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    OK I stand corrected as usual " me and my big mouth,or gub as we say in Glasgow" :)
    But maybe a wee graze might be appropriate :)
    Looks a nice figure all said ,what scale.

Ron(y)
    renarts likes this.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very good paintwork. In my opinion the chainmail is to silvery. A wash with burnt umber will do the trick.

marc
  6. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Nice observations... I didn't thought about that at all. Maybe a little blood on the knee make justice. The scale is 54mm, that is why I said he is big. . . cause I grabed a rule and I saw 64mm from foot to the top of the head and has large body.
    This guy in reality would be a top model . . .maybe not with that hairdoo ahahahah

Pedro
  7. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Great work Pedro but I would aggree with Marc and maybe tone down the mail.

Cheers David
  8. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    It will be done then ;)

Pedro