1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Andrea's Newest Extravaganza

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Guy, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    :eek: I saw this while checking out some sites. My wife told me not to even bother putting it on my want list. (I'll use invisable ink). A mere price tag of $2900.00.
    Will the bank float me a second mortgage? :D

http://www.squadron.com/old/aebireme/aebireme.htm

Guy
  2. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Holy Cow! That's alot of kit. I wonder how many they'll sell?
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    My wife just said the price didn't include adding on a room to keep it..

Guy
  4. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    LOL, that is HUGE*!
    i wonder who had to do the box art, surely it had to have been a several people for the making and the boxart :huh:

* price tag!!!
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I was told I wouldn't live long enough to finish it.......lets see.....5.figures a year.....plus the ship itself..........whew.......it would take awhile huh? <_<
  6. btavis Active Member

United-States
    I did the Andrea Viking Ship for a commission and that was only half the model of this thing and it took me three and a half months. I think there are like 32 rowers alone. 600 pieces total!!! It would take a single person at least six months to assemble and paint that. I wonder how many they produced. Maybe a hundred kits.

Just a little useless piece of trvia but the sails have to be sown which turned me into a seamster on the Viking ship. Isn't it amazing some of the things you end up learning when doing models? The down side is that my wife now tells me to mend my own sox:-(
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    hahahaha Bob........My wife asked me if it would be big enough for a funeral ship.......because I would need it if I bought this one.
    Guy
  8. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Hey Bob, if that same person sees this one you might be in for another commission ;)
  9. btavis Active Member

United-States
    God forbid Leigh! The problem with doing commissions on stuff like that is you end making less than minimum wage for the amount of work it requires.
  10. quang Active Member

Belgium
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    WoW Quang.....that is some model......thanks for the link....will go back and take a complete look

Guy
  12. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Was making my usual rounds this morning and saw where the Andrea Bireme is now selling at 2,250.00. Lets see ;) If I wait longer to when the price is down to my wallet size...............I'll be dead :(

Here's a link to Red Lancer where it shows a new pic too !http://www.redlancers.com/displaypic.asp?item=18156&hot=1