1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Andreas Dragon vignette

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Magnus, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Magnus A Fixture

Hi, here is my fantasy vignette close to completion. One more week of fine adjustments before travelling to Euro.
    The dragon is the Andrea Fire Wings with repositioned neck and tail and rider removed. The lady is a converted “Mayan Princess” from El Viejo Dragon and the barbarian is from Scale75.
    The painting of the dragon is inspired from Chris Claytons magnificent Dragon Slayer. Also inspired of Frank Frazetta overall when starting this project.

Comments are welcome, still time for adjustments J

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That's absolutely brilliant Magnus.
    I had pencilled this kit in as a project I'd like to do next year; so I'll be able to use your WIP as a good guideline for my own effort.
    Using the EVD and Scale75 figures is genius.
    Cheers
    H
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    That dragon looks awesome. I'd like to see a few more photos please
  4. flart1943 Active Member

England
    Outstanding paint job and a well put together diorama.
    Pete
  5. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is really well done, painting and scenery alike. I'll certainly look out for this one at Euro.

My only criticism is that the damsel in distress looks a little .... well ... bored by the whole thing. Or at least not all that worried, just standing there bolt upright and looking the other way, apparently not in the slightest bit interested in what's going on in the titanic battle behind her.

In view of that I'd have left her out of it completely, I think the scene would have worked just as well (if not better) with just the dragon and the Conan-type.

Just my opinion, others may disagree.

- Steve
  6. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    AWESOME - really like the entire scene

Just some fun thoughts:) :
    -Is she bored or suffering from shock ? she is naked after all.
    -Maybe she has come to terms with her pending doom and has reached her "zen like" moment before death?
    -Maybe she has been kidnapped by a dragon before or taken for a sacrifice before and gone through all of this again - in which case she is quite bored.
    -She might be listening to her i-pod mini and hasent noticed what is going on in the back ground...
    -If the conan-type hero was alone in the scene, why kill the poor dragon if there is no damsel in distress to save? - no motivation for Conan.... but if he saves the girl he might get lucky......:love: ;):cool:

Anthony
  7. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    she does look a little static but I don't even care, this thing is brilliant beyond that. All the figures work in this scene and I just love it. Great work sir with top painting to boot.
  8. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That does it for me !! .. beautiful, and very well thought out! ...... a fantastic scene with excellent use of varied scale !.. but I will challenge anyone to come up with a better 'Girlie', in distress, or, even bored, lethargic, or saying here we go again, 'My Hero', ... in the same scale ! ..?? :D... there is lots of work put into this!... great stuff! ;)

Regards,

Mark.
  9. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    It's quite obvious she is thinking....Does my bum look big in this ???
    ChaosCossack and legend69 like this.
  10. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Wow! What a nice composition! Very well balanced and awesome use of space!
    Great work and would like to see more pictures, if it's possible!
    Thanks for sharing and looking forward to see more of your work!
    Cheers,
    Zeno
  11. Magnus A Fixture

Hi everybody, thank you for the very nice comments.
    Regarding the static pose of the lady in distress, for me it was so natural that she has been chained up for some time and is in a lethargic mood. So thanks a lot for that critique, shows how one take things for granted sitting in the man cave and why it is so important with the forums to get feedback and perspective. Will definitely take that with me for future projects.
    Anthony, great list of explanations, thanks for the laugh J

Adding some more photos from different angels as requested.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Beautifull work.

marc
  13. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks for the extra pics. Amazing work. Congratulations on creating such a wonderful scene.
  14. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superbly painted scene and looking forward to seeing this at euro. Best wishes in the comps. (y)

Cheers Ken
  15. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I'll be having a good look at this at euro,stunning work on the dragon and figures and great composition,:)
  16. Braemp Active Member

Ecxellent work, Magnus. I'm so impressed of the skintones and the conversion ofthe dragon, much more vivid and more action in that pose. Congratulations on creating such a wonderful vignette.

regards Lars
  17. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    This is a great little scene and wonderful colours.
    Cheers
    John
  18. Ray Welshman Active Member

19. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Love it!!!! The perfect dio/vignette. Great groundwork to elevate the dragon and slayer above the damsel
    Ben