1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Andrea WWI Bust Conversion Finished

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Guys!

After being absent from sculpting for too long I finished up a project I have wanted to do for some time but never got around doing it.

The victim is the beautiful Andrea 1/10th scale WWI 'Stormtrooper" bust, I thought the bust was a bit too plain and kind of boring, so I decided to do something a little different with it.

Basically all I did was to add a great coat ontop of the bust, Aves Apoxy was used for the putty work and lead wire was used for the piping.

I dont know if it is an improvement to the original bust, but I think its a little more interesting now, and it was a whole lot of fun to do!

Let me know what you think!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    VERY nice Anders. I like this a lot. It adds your own touch to a very nice bust. Looking forward to seeing this finished now that those juices are flowing again.

Jim Patrick
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Anders, the great coat is definitely an improvement, nice touch, looking forward to your next step.

Cheers
    Roc :)
  4. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    Dave says,

Man those are some beautiful pictures, and really big!!

He he he.......
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys!

Glad to see that you like it so far!

I probably wont get to paint him up anytime soon as Dave is kind of threatening me with a whip so that I sculpt more!

Btw, Thanks for taking the pics Dave!!
  6. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    (y) (y) Anders !!
    Kenneth.
  7. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    well the man is back !!!ice work Brother . keep on coming back !!!!
  8. LCoote New Member

Australia
    You using wire now :eek: what's going on there :lol: Very nice by the way mate.
  9. y_wong New Member

Dear Anders

Very good conversion. It's very interesting that you use lead wire for the piping. BTW are those buttons made from lead wire too?

Looking forward to you painting it.

regards :)
  10. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    That's really nice Anders! ;)

Why did you use Aves Apoxy vs. Magicsculpt or Duro or ? Is there some quality that it has that makes it a better choice in this situation? Also did you have to support the coat using wire mesh or something?

All the best,
    Dan
  11. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi Anders,

So good to see you're back!

The bust is superb and shows once again what a natural talent you are. I hope you will be able to paint him soon!

Greetz,

Gino
  12. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Thanks for your replies!

Bill turned me on to try the wire and I love it! It is so easy and gives great results. The buttons are punched out lead sheet using the back of a jewlers beading tool.

Dan,

I use Aves because I get much better results with that instead of Magic Sculpt or Duro. I hardly ever use Duro for anything as I really dont much care for its consistency, however it has its advantages at times.

The only support under the jacket is the original resin bust. The collar was made out of rolled out putty that was semi cured and then super glued in place.

As soon as I get a chance to put some paint on him I will post the progress.
  13. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    I went back to read this thread as it was linked underneath another thread.

It is funny how your perception of materials change over time. In my last post I stated I get better results with Aves, now a days I get much better results with Magic Sculpt...Maybe this will change again! Just thought it was interesting to read what preference I had 2 years ago!
  14. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks very good Anders,I like it!
    christos
  15. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    Nice one mate i can feel the cold weather!!!!!! Oooops the heating went off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!