1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Andrea Roman Centurion 1st Century B.C.

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by bane3D, Mar 15, 2012.

1. bane3D Member

Hello everyone,
    this is my version of 54 mm Andrea miniatures great sculpt by Jaoquin Palacios of Roman Centurion Lucius Vorenus from tv show "Rome". Base was inspired by promo poster for the show :)
    Comments are welcome & please vote if you can at http://www.coolminiornot.com/300942
    Thanks and hope you like my work :) !

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
    4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    very nice work. But you got to do something with the shine.
    Try some Testors Dullcoat or similar.

marc
    Ethan likes this.
  3. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    What Marc said. Nice-looking paint job, it just needs the glossy sheen taking off it. Possibly a bit more highlighting on the trousers also.

I'm not too keen on the red (a "river of blood"?) on the base though. I find it detracts from the figure, is somewhat overdone and in any case isn't really needed.

- Steve
  4. Ferris A Fixture

Very good job! Agree about the gloss, but that is not too hard to change, if you like to of course.

Since this figure is related to the TV series I actually like your idea to show the flowing blood. I'd just suggest to make a nameplate that makes a clear link to the series, otherwise the blood indeed seems out of place.

Cheers,
    Adrian
    Ethan likes this.
  5. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    agreed with previous posts, model master makes a flat lacquer sealant that I use on all of my pieces to give of a realistic finish. The nameplate idea is also a great idea to give evidence to the choice of style. Great job! keep it up
  6. bane3D Member

Thank you very much guys for your nice comments - already killed shiny aspect of mini with some matt coat. Anyway, miniature was painted for a friend of mine who likes Rome history and I really liked that miniature - so not really sure about history accuracy, but I'm sure he will like present. Base was inspired by this poster :)
    [IMG]
    Ethan likes this.
  7. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    Very nice. HBO's Rome is a fantastic show and a good style to work with.