1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Andrea Pin-up girl

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jazz, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Never one to be satisfied with my work I have stripped down and repainted the first Andrea Pin-Up Girl released a few years ago. The first attempt was in oils but I work mainly in acrylics these days and wanted to see how they compared. The first photo is how it looked prior to being stripped then in progress shots until it was completed again. I also completly changed the base and used a square resin base which I painted to look wooden.

I would be grateful for any comments..positive or negative..that you may have.

Attached Files:

gordy, Whitney, Kandor8 and 2 others like this.
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, I would love more pictures of different angles to see more but over all I must admit your new version has MANY improvements in my book. The white panties against the darker stockings....much more effective. I like the poodle in the black much better. The colors used on the groceries, particularly the oranges and the milk jug are spot-on! The blonde hair works better for me, mostly as her nice red lips really stand out more here. Also the red dress does a much better job of contrasting and emphasizing her nice light flesh-tones. the darker transparent stockings are well done! Your polka-dots on the new red dress are much more consistent as well. Here eyes over all look much better in the new version, they look a tad too dark (around the eyes) in the original, giving her maybe a slight "goth" look. Over all I don't know that I can argue with your decision to do her over, your progress really shows. Nice work!

Jay H.
  3. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    I have to agree with Jay on everything he just stated, the changing of the colours to the opposite of what you painted originally works so much better to the eye, making it more pleasing to view. The face has a much better expression as well. Blondes also have more fun.
    Ben
  4. redhorse Active Member

United-States
    I do like the darker stockings and the new groceries better, but I'm undecided on everything else. Honestly, I think both of them look pretty good!
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    John ,
    Not sure if I have seen the original version in the flesh so to speak !!! ...but I love the 2nd version more .....I agree with everything that has been said ..a massive improvement and shows great painting techniques especially on the stockings , much prefer the white gloves as well , love the hair (what mix's did you use for this ?)

The dress is so much better , the first was too much white IMHO, love the polka dots as well

Doggie is better too a good contrast to the young lady ..very effective .

Fruit and Jug ..nicely done , and better basework as well

Lets see some more of these from this range from you ...the challenge has been thrown down!!!!

Nap
    John Bowery likes this.
  6. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Thanks for the comments guys. I really appreciate it. Jay, I would love to show another side to this but dont know how much Gordy would censor out as she is quite a rude piece. Kev, As you know I have been experimenting a lot with acrylics and at the moment use Citidel paints. The hair is done with lots of watery washes of sunburst yellow and bestial brown. For the darker points I have used a little scorched brown. Are Andrea paints any better to use? A challenge eh? I may take this on, but I would love to see you have a go too.